Our client, a Consumer Products Company, is seeking a freelance Graphic Designer/Production Artist to join the Publishing team.
You will report to the Creative Director and be responsible for:
- Designing book jacket and interior design from concept to final book
- Presenting designs and ideas to art directors, editors
- Making changes and corrections to Creative Suite files on a Mac and preparing final files to send to the printer
- 1- 3 years of book design experience, preferably in trade book publishing.
- Direct children's publishing/ book design experience
- This person should be able to offer unique design solutions to a wide range of projects.
- The ideal candidate would be very organized, able to prioritize his/her own workload, and skilled at collaboration with editors, illustrators, freelancers, and other departments.
- Mac, proficient in Adobe creative Suite,
- BFA in Graphic Design or equivalent
- Team player collaborating with several designers and art directors at any given time
- Must be able to work quickly, have a strong ability to process creative feedback, and enjoy collaborating with a small team.
Must be at least 18 years old. Onward Search is a drug-free workplace. Onward Search is an equal opportunity employer, dedicated to a policy of non-discrimination in employment with regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status or any other classification protected by federal, state and local laws and ordinances, nationally and internationally. EOE/M/F/D/V/SO
- Onward Search is an equal opportunity employer, dedicated to a policy of non-discrimination in an employment with regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status or any other classification protected by federal, state and local laws and ordinances. Candidates must be at least 18 years old to be considered for employment. EOE/M/F/D/V/SO.
- In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification document form upon hire.
- The client is unable to support 1099 / Corp-to-Corp or Independent Contractor arrangements at this time. All freelancers will be paid as W2 employees.
- Onward Search is a drug-free workplace.