New York based online educational mobile platform and app company needs a strong Data Engineer! Be a part of an incredible team building an innovative/interactive/engaging learning platform, app, product for the teachers, schools and children of the future and of the now!
- Build data pipelines that feed data from various sources into our new data warehouse, so that other teams may utilize the datasets that you curate to generate insights of their own
- Collaborate with Data Engineers, Data Analysts, and Software Engineers to support data infrastructure
- Must be able to also work independently due to Covid remote working situation.
- Must want to grow your career and be a part of something great to shape education for the future
Day to Day:
- Build, maintain data pipelines that ingest and process large and complex data
- Create datasets for other teams
- Ensure data is collected appropriately
- Identify areas of improvement
- Be the best practices guru for all data processes and data storage
- Work with large-scale data sets
- Experience with cloud-based data warehouse like Snowflake or Redshift.
- Work with data pipeline tools, must know Airflow or Segment
- Strong knowledge of SQL and a scripting language (Python, Shell, or Java are preferred)
- Data structures and algorithm experience
- 3+ years experience as a Data Engineer in a technology, social media, video game, entertainment, mobile, corporate setting
- EduTech passion, shaping the children of the future, shaping education
- Any working knowledge of Looker, AWS, Snowflake, and Google Analytics are wanted
- Educational background in Computer Science, Mathematics, or any tech field
- Data science concepts
- Statistics knowledge
Apply today to learn more about this role!
- Onward Search is an equal opportunity employer, dedicated to a policy of non-discrimination in an employment with regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status or any other classification protected by federal, state and local laws and ordinances. Candidates must be at least 18 years old to be considered for employment. EOE/M/F/D/V/SO.
- In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification document form upon hire.
- The client is unable to support 1099 / Corp-to-Corp or Independent Contractor arrangements at this time. All freelancers will be paid as W2 employees.
- Onward Search is a drug-free workplace.
SHARE THIS JOB