Cloud Security Engineer
Permanent | Job ID #69266 | Posted 4 months ago
Cloud Security Engineer
Data-Powered Recruitment Marketing Platform
Our mission is to make it easy for companies to attract and hire great talent
A Premier Google Partner powered by marketing professionals, our client helps the most identifiable brands successfully attract their workforce through proven data-driven strategies, marketing, and advertising. Our specialty is building client confidence on a solid foundation of emerging tech, creative media, and client services. Together, we strive to set an example for our company, clients, and competitors in work-life flexibility, career growth, and diversity.
We’re a fun group of people who love coming to work and living the our values: We think, and act, as entrepreneurs, we do things the right way, we work together to provide personal customer service, and we make data-driven decisions.
We are looking for a Cloud Security Engineer to join our rapidly growing company and Cloud Operations team in support of a 50 person engineering team.
The Cloud Security Engineer will be responsible for implementing security best practices for development and cloud infrastructure (specifically for AWS).
- Act as the primary Cloud Operations Point of Contact (POC) for security issues including incident response and investigation
- Under the guidance of the Principal Security Architect, maintain a secure cloud architecture and evangelize security best practices within the enterprise
- Create and deploy infrastructure within our AWS accounts, using Terraform, and utilize various AWS services, including EKS, EC2, S3, and IAM
- Vulnerability management and prioritization
- Consult with the development teams around security-first design principles and development practices
- Advise management of problems or conflicts; escalates critical matters
- Develop and implement customized automation and security driven tools
- 5+ years experience in cloud computing, security operations, configuration management (ansible, terraform) or related field
- Expertise in AWS security management, best practices, and tools (IAM, Guardrails, SPCs, GuardDuty, SecurityHub, WAF, SSO, etc.)
- Expertise in general network infrastructure and security, specifically ports, protocols, services and how they impact security
- High level of proficiency in common security tools (Splunk, SAST, SCA, Okta, etc.)
- High level of proficiency in Linux system administration and security
- High level of proficiency with containerization technologies, especially Kubernetes
- Proficient in a scripting language such as Python and bash
- Proficient with code versioning tools (Git, svn)
- Familiarity with defense in depth, zero trust architecture and related security strategies
- Excellent oral and written communications skills
- AWS certification (any) is a big plus
- Ideally, we prefer a 4-year college degree (technical or quantitative science) or equivalent work experience with evidence of proficiency and achievement in virtual infrastructure management
- Onward Search is an equal opportunity employer, dedicated to a policy of non-discrimination in an employment with regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status or any other classification protected by federal, state and local laws and ordinances. Candidates must be at least 18 years old to be considered for employment. EOE/M/F/D/V/SO.
- In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification document form upon hire.
- Onward Search offers medical, dental, vision benefits, as well as a 401k program, for all eligible full time temporary assignments.
- Onward Search is unable to support 1099 / Corp-to-Corp or Independent Contractor arrangements at this time. All freelancers will be paid as W2 employees.
- Onward Search is a drug-free workplace.
SHARE THIS JOB
Turn on email alerts for this search