Our client is looking for a Lead User Researcher.
Responsible for leading qualitative and quantitative user research initiatives that inform critical decisions for current and future products. Will work closely with cross-product teams to identify research topics that inform business decisions and use best practices in user research to support the entire product design cycle. They will design and execute exploratory field studies with users and subject-matter experts. They will plan, recruit for, and conduct usability analyses in our state-of-the-art usability lab, in the field, or using remote tools. Will collaborate closely with designers, technologists, and product managers and deliver persuasive and compelling findings to executive stakeholders.
Responsibilities include, but not limited to:
- Work with design and product leads in order to identify areas where user experience research can best provide insight and impact and develop research roadmaps
- Design and lead qualitative research studies
- Ensure research results are actionable and contribute directly to meeting project and business goals
- Support other researchers as needed to ensure quality and consistency of deliverables and best practices. Coach and mentor junior team members
- Contribute to next gen vision for the research function, identifying areas of opportunity or improvement, including identifying process improvements, new tools and approaches
- Draw inferences from a wide range of types of data sources and studies
- Inspire confidence and collaborate closely with a variety of internal and external stakeholders, across functions, and including product leadership and senior business executives
- Work with very senior stakeholders and provide top-executive-quality deliverables and input when needed
This role requires a wide variety of strengths and capabilities, including:
- Bachelor’s, Masters’ or Ph.D. degree in related field (HCI or Interaction Design or Design Research) preferred or equivalent relevant experience
- 5-10+ years of experience planning and executing user research studies
- Ability to drive multiple medium complexity initiatives with minimal guidance
- Passionate for designing and delivering research for maximum impact and for developing world-class products and experiences
- Ability to champion user experience research and integrate within the design planning, estimation, and prioritization process
- Demonstrated ability to incorporate design thinking methodologies and deliverables into product development process
- Clear articulate communication skills
- Familiarity with banking and finance a plus
- Experience with B2B research (not just consumer) an advantage
- Portfolio or examples of past projects
- Ability to train and mentor junior team members
- Onward Search is an equal opportunity employer, dedicated to a policy of non-discrimination in an employment with regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status or any other classification protected by federal, state and local laws and ordinances. Candidates must be at least 18 years old to be considered for employment. EOE/M/F/D/V/SO.
- In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification document form upon hire.
- Onward Search offers medical, dental, vision benefits, as well as a 401k program, for all eligible full time temporary assignments.
- Onward Search is unable to support 1099 / Corp-to-Corp or Independent Contractor arrangements at this time. All freelancers will be paid as W2 employees.
- Onward Search is a drug-free workplace.
SHARE THIS JOB