Onward Search is looking for a Sr. Product Designer for a long term contract opportunity with a permier national financial client. To be successful at this role, you are above all a make, and enjoy balancing craft with an academic interest in theory and science of Interaction Design, HCI, and user-centered design methodologies.
This role is looking to kick off immediately, and is onsite at the client's Manhatten office. If the below applies to you, and you'd like to hear more, apply today!
- Guide and influence the Product/Service development process by leveraging your command of HCI and Design
- Both formally and informally uncover user needs and contexts via primary and secondary research techniques and leverage your learnings to come up with the big idea
- Create, present, and document proposed solutions from the big ideas to the smallest components which might include interaction models and flows, screen and component states, data and information hierarchies
- Escort a proposed solution through to deployment and beyond ensuring that the vision becomes a reality.
Experience and Qualifications
- Foundational education in graphic, industrial, interaction design or related degree.
- Around six years of experience working as a user experience professional. An advanced degrees and professional practice experience may serve as substitute for qualification.
- Demonstrable experience designing rich interactions for desktop, web, hand-held form factors
- Experience designing applications within complex business domains similar to financial services
- Track record of successful deliveries and a strong portfolio that highlights their ideas and end-product.
- Onward Search is an equal opportunity employer, dedicated to a policy of non-discrimination in an employment with regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status or any other classification protected by federal, state and local laws and ordinances. Candidates must be at least 18 years old to be considered for employment. EOE/M/F/D/V/SO.
- In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification document form upon hire.
- The client is unable to support 1099 / Corp-to-Corp or Independent Contractor arrangements at this time. All freelancers will be paid as W2 employees.
- Onward Search is a drug-free workplace.