Apply today to learn more about this role with our client! Manager of UX / Interaction Design are critical to the success of our projects and help guide projects from evaluating user experiences, identifying opportunities for improvement and creating concepts through to detailing designs and documenting UI specifications that work flawlessly, all while challenging the team to think beyond what’s expected.
Manager of UX / Interaction Design contribute to teams that conduct product research, strategy, information architecture development, and interaction design to create and engage people. The person will make impact at many potential touch points such as a corporate Website, mobile, software application, or consumer electronics device. They will also create elegant solutions that answer business requirements, and the emotional desires of customers and patients.
Day To Day:
• Responsible for contributing to and shaping the UX and interaction design practice within Design and collaboration with teams to embrace challenges and experiment with new ways of thinking and making.
• Responsible for the effective design and specification of user interfaces and information architecture using participatory and iterative design techniques, including observational studies, customer interviews, writing protocols, usability testing, and other forms of empathy building and requirements.
• Contribute to large-scale, complex and in-depth initiatives, producing personas, storyboards, scenarios, flowcharts, design prototypes, and design specifications that show how our digital products enhance and fit within the context of an overall experience. Inform decisions, give clear feedback, track issues, assist in estimating resource needs and schedules, respond positively and calmly to shifting priorities, opinions, demands and timelines.
• Help to identify leverage points and potential platforms across different portfolios and businesses to ensure consistency of approach.
• Effectively communicate research findings, conceptual ideas, detailed design, and design rationale both verbally and visually to senior management and decision makers, the Design leadership team and enterprise peers.
• Collaborate with external strategic partners and partner with other designers, project management, business and brand strategists, and hardware and software developers and various internal and external partners to help create cohesive brand experiences and best practices across touch points and to ensure that design specifications are implemented within set timelines and budgets.
• Partner in overseeing the ongoing development of design standards and pattern libraries.
• Bachelor’s degree and at least 10 years of user interface design experience
• Possess change agency and business partnership skills at all levels of the organization including sensitivity to different cultures and interests.
• Strong knowledge of user interface design processes and methodology, particularly as applied to Web, mobile and digital-based applications and consumer electronics including Agile and lean user-experience processes.
• Strong knowledge of user research, usability and accessibility standards.
• A compelling portfolio of work demonstrating
o High-quality experience design within a variety of projects
o A strong understanding of current design trends, processes, and theories.
o The ability to analyze and diagnose issues with existing UI practices as part of the overall user experience.
o A combination of strong conceptual thinking and strategic skills with an ability to understand customer needs, motivations and behaviors and translate them into actionable deliverables.
• Excellent communication and organization skills.
• A demonstrated passion for creating products that resonate emotionally with people
• Experience working collaboratively with all levels of designers and strategists
• Proficiency with design and prototyping tools such as Adobe CS, Axure, Sketch, FramerJS, and a willingness to explore new tools.
Onward Search helps connect digital, creative and marketing talent with choice jobs at the nation's most recognized companies and digital agencies. We offer a full range of recruitment and staffing solutions to include contract, temp-to-perm, and permanent / executive search placement.
Onward Search is an equal opportunity employer, dedicated to a policy of non-discrimination in an employment with regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status or any other classification protected by federal, state and local laws and ordinances, nationally and internationally. Candidates must be at least 18 years old to be considered for employment. AA/EOE/M/F/D/V