Apply today to learn more about this role with our client! Manager of UX / Interaction Design are critical to the success of our projects and help guide projects from evaluating user experiences, identifying opportunities for improvement and creating concepts through to detailing designs and documenting UI specifications that work flawlessly, all while challenging the team to think beyond what’s expected.
Manager of UX / Interaction Design contribute to teams that conduct product research, strategy, information architecture development, and interaction design to create and engage people. The person will make impact at many potential touch points such as a corporate Website, mobile, software application, or consumer electronics device. They will also create elegant solutions that answer business requirements, and the emotional desires of customers and patients.
Day To Day:
• Responsible for contributing to and shaping the UX and interaction design practice within Design and collaboration with teams to embrace challenges and experiment with new ways of thinking and making.
• Responsible for the effective design and specification of user interfaces and information architecture using participatory and iterative design techniques, including observational studies, customer interviews, writing protocols, usability testing, and other forms of empathy building and requirements.
• Contribute to large-scale, complex and in-depth initiatives, producing personas, storyboards, scenarios, flowcharts, design prototypes, and design specifications that show how our digital products enhance and fit within the context of an overall experience. Inform decisions, give clear feedback, track issues, assist in estimating resource needs and schedules, respond positively and calmly to shifting priorities, opinions, demands and timelines.
• Help to identify leverage points and potential platforms across different portfolios and businesses to ensure consistency of approach.
• Effectively communicate research findings, conceptual ideas, detailed design, and design rationale both verbally and visually to senior management and decision makers, the Design leadership team and enterprise peers.
• Collaborate with external strategic partners and partner with other designers, project management, business and brand strategists, and hardware and software developers and various internal and external partners to help create cohesive brand experiences and best practices across touch points and to ensure that design specifications are implemented within set timelines and budgets.
• Partner in overseeing the ongoing development of design standards and pattern libraries.
• Bachelor’s degree and at least 10 years of user interface design experience
• Possess change agency and business partnership skills at all levels of the organization including sensitivity to different cultures and interests.
• Strong knowledge of user interface design processes and methodology, particularly as applied to Web, mobile and digital-based applications and consumer electronics including Agile and lean user-experience processes.
• Strong knowledge of user research, usability and accessibility standards.
• A compelling portfolio of work demonstrating
o High-quality experience design within a variety of projects
o A strong understanding of current design trends, processes, and theories.
o The ability to analyze and diagnose issues with existing UI practices as part of the overall user experience.
o A combination of strong conceptual thinking and strategic skills with an ability to understand customer needs, motivations and behaviors and translate them into actionable deliverables.
• Excellent communication and organization skills.
• A demonstrated passion for creating products that resonate emotionally with people
• Experience working collaboratively with all levels of designers and strategists
• Proficiency with design and prototyping tools such as Adobe CS, Axure, Sketch, FramerJS, and a willingness to explore new tools.
This job has now been filled but you may be interested in:
Our client, a privately-owned company, is looking for a Designer (with UX/UI skills) to join their team on a temp to perm basis. This will be full time and onsite in their Long Island City office. JOB SUMMARY: This is a production-focused role that sits in the UI/UX/Graphics Department. You will be creating unique, interactive commercial/industrial front-ends for HVAC clients all over New York City. REQUIREMENTS: 2+ years of experience Expert in Adobe Creative Suite (especially Illustrator and InDesign) An eye for detail and pixel-accurate work is key Strong understanding
Our client - a fast-growing gaming startup based in NYC - is looking for a Senior Product Designer to join a talented, passionate, and dynamic team for a temp to perm opportunity. Requirements: Minimum 10-15 years of experience designing for shipped products Portfolio shows projects with solutions that solve function-level problems Able to collaborate with Product Managers, Engineer, QA, Analytics, and Customer Service to uncover problem areas Advanced understanding of user experience design, interaction design and UX design process Strong in typography, iconography, user inte
Onward Search is looking for a Digital Design Manager to help guide projects from evaluating user experiences, identifying opportunities for improvement and creating concepts through to detailing designs and documenting UI specifications that work flawlessly, all while challenging the team to think beyond what’s expected. Furthermore, you will be working collaboratively to create complex interactive experiences for applications, software, and web interfaces. This important role requires broad knowledge and advanced skills in visual design, user experience, user interface, and a solid unde
As an Architect, you will bring together business objectives, user insights, and an understanding of sophisticated technology to remarkable, omni-channel brand experiences. These experiences span devices, channels, and environments – from browsers, to mobile apps, to social networks, to retail environments. To do this you must understand and articulate the needs, aspirations, and expectations of the people that will use what you design, and serve as their advocate throughout the design process. You will also be empowered to build trusted relationships with internal stakeholders through
Boutique digital agency is hiring a UI/UX Designer on a freelance to hire basis to work on a Financial Services client. Skills: Detail-oriented Must be able to simultaneously handle multiple projects in fast paced environment Must possess effective written and oral communication skills Strong communicator Time management skills The right candidate will have: 4+ years experience Background designing transactional website and marketing assets Comfortable leading meetings, UX workshops, journey mapping, card sorting, wireframing, prototyping, usability
Onward Search is partnering with a wealth management company in New York City. This is a unique opportunity for you to be part of a highly productive and motivated group of engineers and sales associates, who are constantly looking to innovate and provide best-in-class FinTech platform to clients. RESPONSIBILITIES: Help define user experiences for new and existing client-facing products Develop wireframes, user flows, prototypes, and mockups to effectively communicate design directions Work closely with developers and product managers to execute design ideas Create highly polish
Onward Search helps connect digital, creative and marketing talent with choice jobs at the nation's most recognized companies and digital agencies. We offer a full range of recruitment and staffing solutions to include contract, temp-to-perm, and permanent / executive search placement.
Onward Search is an equal opportunity employer, dedicated to a policy of non-discrimination in an employment with regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status or any other classification protected by federal, state and local laws and ordinances, nationally and internationally. Candidates must be at least 18 years old to be considered for employment. AA/EOE/M/F/D/V