Onward Search needs a Design Thinking Strategist for an innovative energy company!
In this role, you will serve as a consultant and central point-of-contact for creative teams, business partners, and decision-makers, seeking expertise in applying human centered design principles to achieve business goals. You will be expected to build meaningful relationships with these groups, while developing domain expertise, and will need to demonstrate the ability to effectively manage many highly complex projects with multiple clients simultaneously.
• Experience working in ambiguous multi-faceted problem spaces, helping business partners bring clarity to opportunity areas and priorities.
• Experience supporting a product team through research, problem identification, value mapping, solution definition, prototyping and testing.
• Experience planning and conducting the appropriate user research studies, synthesizing findings, and packaging actionable next steps from key insights, mapping research findings back to business value.
• Experience managing client relationships & expectations through clear communication.
• Experience collaborating with other experts including product leads, UX designers, Business Analysts, Engineers, Developers, and Researchers.
• 90%: Delivering Human-Centered Design
Pair with experienced subject matter experts from across IT to achieve project goals and deliver business results.
Work with product teams and clients to deliver valuable outcomes by facilitating collaborative human-centered design workshops, events, and activities.
Partner to facilitate teams through aspects of the human-centered design process such as stakeholder analysis, problem framing, value definition, user research, opportunity prioritization, assumption mapping, light prototyping and storytelling.
Proactively manage assumptions, dependencies, and risks.
Support the product teams and influence clients to maintain focus on the evidence-based customer needs.
Package and communicate findings and design decisions to team leads and business stakeholders, along with clear actions and next steps.
Demonstrate and encourage an environment that supports an organizational core value of safety, integrity, ethics, and customer mindset.
• 10%: Cultural Growth & Influence
Foster collaboration and communication within your team.
Challenge the status quo.
Embraces concept of continuous learning in their own journey.
Participates in Community of Practice (CoP)/Center of Excellence (CoE).
Collaborates with a mentor.
• Education/Degree - High School, Associate, Bachelor, Master: Graduation from a four-year college or university.
• Years of prior equivalent work-related experience in lieu of a degree (if applicable): High School/GED and 4-6 years.
• Years of prior equivalent work-related experience in addition to a degree: 3 years with Bachelor's Degree.
Job-specific knowledge, Skills, or Abilities
• Proficiency in at least 1 of the following: design thinking facilitation, user research activities & implementation, human-centered value-driven prioritization techniques.
• Proficient public speaking skills, written and verbal communication.
• Strong facilitation skills.
• Openness, approachability, collaborative nature, and enjoyment working with passionate people.
• A learner mindset - naturally curious to learn more.
• Passionately proactive at problem-solving.
• Ability to meet an individual or team where they are and help them succeed.
• Professional judgment on when to ask for help.
• Excellent written, verbal, and electronic communication skills.
• Be a team player and collaborative problem solver.
• Actively practices emotional and situational intelligence.
• Provides space for and encourages team to "think customer".
• Willingness to be vulnerable.
• Strong initiative and self-organization in prior roles, school projects, volunteer work, internships, etc.
To learn more about this Design Thinking Strategist opportunity, apply now and chat with a recruiter today!
What’s in our benefits packages:
At Onward Search, our job is to find you dream jobs.
We are creatives, marketers and digital wizards who use our talents to connect talented people with the nation’s leading brands. And our relationship won’t end with your start date.
More than recruiters, we are your advocates, advisors, and employers of record. We pay weekly, make sure your needs are met, and measure our success by yours. Join us.
DE&I is not just our promise, it’s our passion.
Onward Search is an equal opportunity employer dedicated to a policy of non-discrimination in employment regarding race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status, or any other classification protected by federal, state and local laws and ordinances.
Have talented friends or colleagues in your network looking for their next gig? Refer them to us and earn $250!
Know somebody hiring? Refer them to us and earn $500!
Uncover more creative, gaming, marketing and tech opportunities at Onwardsearch.com
Onward Search is seeking a Photo Coordinator for a renowned tech company. You’ll be part of the Media Products team, supporting photographic efforts in their studios and acting as a liaison between... Read More
Onward Search needs a UX Designer for an Entertainment client. This is a 12+ month opportunity. To learn more about this UX Designer opportunity, apply now and chat with a recruiter today! As a... Read More
Onward Search’s advertising client is looking for an SEO Specialist to fully own campaigns, consulting on SEO strategy with both new & existing clients to form a budding group of SEO Strategists and... Read More
Onward Search needs a Senior Digital Media Manager for a full-service marketing advertising agency in New Jersey. You will serve as the strategic lead for all clients for display digital media,... Read More