Onward Search is hiring an Associate Creative Director on a direct-hire basis for a media agency client with offices in Charlotte, NC
We have a great opportunity for the right person with an art direction/design background to play an integral role in leading one of our creative teams. This role will be responsible for leading all aspects of their creative team and a set group of clients. We are looking for someone with an art direction and design background, but they will be responsible for overseeing all aspects of their team's work including art direction, design, and copy, as well all relevant mediums regarding the brand work, advertising, digital and social content that is needed. In this role, you will work with the CCO to implement the creative vision for the agency and collaborate on different projects.
The ideal candidate will be collaborative with creative team members, open to feedback, and have a good understanding of strategy and all forms of relevant media. This person will be a key in evaluating briefs and thinking strategically regarding their team's work to ensure it is on brief. This role is a balance between management of their team and their work and being an expert at executing their discipline as needed. You will be responsible for the oversight of your team's creative product and ensuring it
- Direct the creative product developed by your team and strive for excellence in everything from concept to on-schedule completion of every project.
- It Helps set the creative direction and provides hands-on guidance throughout the project life cycle. Demonstrates cohesive understanding of, and can execute on, the principles that lead to innovative, effective digital communications and concepts for all mediums
- Able to split their time as needed between managing their team and their work and executing work.
- Must be an expert in their craft of art direction and design.
- Has a strong understanding of branding and can direct all aspects of the work from art direction and design to copy.
- Leads by influence to consistently inspire creative colleagues to create world-class ideas that provide world-class solutions for our clients.
- Generates and cultivates useful and usable ideas across existing and emerging digital platforms.
- Continually develops new ways to inspire and harness creative thinking.
- Develops solutions that have a positive impact on our clients' businesses and a positive cultural impact on consumers.
- Understands strategy and can articulate strategies to peers and clients
- Has extensive knowledge of all creative disciplines, including copy, art direction, design, UX, video, and motion, and of the roles they play in both conceptual and executional work.
- Leads by influence and sets professional standards for their team.
- Takes personal responsibility for on-time, expertly crafted ideas, and deliverables.
- Has the ability to lead 5+ creatives on an ongoing basis while still being able to execute work on their own.
- Supports the CCO on new business and special projects, including relationship development and presentations.
- Proactively researches and pursues ideas for professional development. Seeks out creative mentorship and inspiration.
- Actively trains and mentors all levels of creative talent, helping develop their skills and performance.
- Acts as a career manager and is responsible for providing annual reviews, onboarding new employees, and coaching for both soft and hard skills.
- 5-6 years of agency experience with 2+ years managing a small team.
- Award-winning portfolio showcasing a range of mediums with a focus on video, digital, social, and general advertising campaigns.
- Exceptional presentation skills
- Embodies professionalism and demonstrates mature presence in all aspects of team and client relationships
- Well-versed in communicating vision, setting creative direction, and managing a group of cross-disciplinary teams
- A thorough understanding of digital media and an ability and desire to adapt to the changing landscape of technology and media
- Illustration and solid animation skills are a big plus
- Strong organizational skills and keen attention to detail
Does this sound like you? Apply today!
- Onward Search is an equal opportunity employer, dedicated to a policy of non-discrimination in an employment with regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status or any other classification protected by federal, state and local laws and ordinances. Candidates must be at least 18 years old to be considered for employment. EOE/M/F/D/V/SO.
- In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification document form upon hire.
- Onward Search offers medical, dental, vision benefits, as well as a 401k program, for all eligible full time temporary assignments.
- Onward Search is unable to support 1099 / Corp-to-Corp or Independent Contractor arrangements at this time. All freelancers will be paid as W2 employees.
- Onward Search is a drug-free workplace.
SHARE THIS JOB