Durham, North Carolina
Freelance | Job ID #71497 | $55 - $60 hourly | Posted 4 months ago
Onward Search needs a Systems Engineer for a leading Financial Services company.
This is a 6 month+ contract opportunity.
To learn more about this opportunity, apply now and chat with a recruiter today!
As a Systems Engineer you’ll:
- Analyze and convert complex retirement plan requirements and develop on Actuarial pension benefit validation platform using Excel, Visual Basic, VBA macros and Sybase.
- Complete detailed unit/acceptance testing and certification to ensure development is delivered on time and in conjunction with defined release management practices.
- Perform self-certification of the DB Actuarial pension benefit validation platform using XMLs, MS Access and Sybase.
Skills & Experience needed:
- BS or above in Computer Science or related field or equivalent programming experience
- 2+ years of development experience with strong knowledge of Excel, Visual Basic, VBA macros and Sybase/SQL/Relational Databases is required
- Experience working in an Agile/Scrum project environment with project team members in multiple locations, including offshore, is required
- Strong Object-oriented analysis and design is a plus
- Familiarity with Actuarial Science /Defined Benefits domain is a plus
What’s in our benefits packages:
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance
- Life Insurance
- 401k Program
- Commuter Benefit
- Education Reimbursement
- Ongoing Training & Development
- *To qualify for our benefits package, you must work over 30 hours per week and the length of assignment must be a minimum of 10 weeks.
At Onward Search, our job is to find you dream jobs.
We are creatives, marketers and digital wizards who use our talents to connect talented people with the nation’s leading brands. And our relationship won’t end with your start date.
More than recruiters, we are your advocates, advisors, and employers of record. We pay weekly, make sure your needs are met, and measure our success by yours. Join us.
DE&I is not just our promise, it’s our passion.
Onward Search is an equal opportunity employer dedicated to a policy of non-discrimination in employment regarding race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status, or any other classification protected by federal, state and local laws and ordinances.
Have talented friends or colleagues in your network looking for their next gig? Refer them to us and earn $500!
Uncover more creative, marketing and tech opportunities at Onwardsearch.com.
- Onward Search is an equal opportunity employer, dedicated to a policy of non-discrimination in an employment with regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status or any other classification protected by federal, state and local laws and ordinances. Candidates must be at least 18 years old to be considered for employment. EOE/M/F/D/V/SO.
- In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification document form upon hire.
- Onward Search offers medical, dental, vision benefits, as well as a 401k program, for all eligible full time temporary assignments.
- Onward Search is unable to support 1099 / Corp-to-Corp or Independent Contractor arrangements at this time. All freelancers will be paid as W2 employees.
- Onward Search is a drug-free workplace.
Pay: $55 - $60 hourly
SHARE THIS JOB
Turn on email alerts for this search