Our Fortune 500 client is seeking an inspired and innovative product designer to join their Agile UX team. This person will be responsible for defining and delivering the experience of the products to be usable, useful, and enjoyable. This person will work directly with product managers, developers, users/customers, and stakeholders to define, design, and ship products and/or services.
- Ability to work well in a highly collaborative, team-based environment
- Ability to design and envision experiences iteratively in a lean environment
- Maintain a user-centred approach in design perspective and practice
- Guide product decisions through user research, customer development, and iterative feedback loops
- Ability to manage senior project stakeholders (internal & client) to help shape, define and manage ongoing expectations throughout the product life cycle
- Familiarity with UX trends, methodologies and expert skill with UX tools
- Experience in developing rapid prototypes
- Have an entrepreneurial spirit and aren’t afraid to stand up for what they believe is the right product based on user feedback
- Open to feedback and engages in active listening. Will actively collaborate with others even if they are not in the same team
- Manage the end to end user experience process on engagements across a suite of Developer experience Products such as API management, Custom Provisioning apps through multiple engagement channels (such as Web portal, IDE etc.)
- Demonstrate ability to design with broader cross-product applicability
- Conduct appropriate user research and analysis methods to answer the research questions at hand
- Create high quality UX deliverables which deliver on product outcomes
- Create rapid iterations of design prototypes that can be frequently tested and validated with users
- Produce materials for clients and developers, including user flows, wireframes, mock-ups, live style guides, and assets
- Ability to design & envision experiences iteratively in a lean environment without overly obsessing about getting it right the first time
- Plan and facilitate teams in the creation of journey maps, user profiles, user scenarios and research objectives, aligned with project and business goals
- Develop and educate others in evaluation techniques and incorporate industry best practices
- Helps product managers assess and prioritize opportunities, constraints and features
- Shepard product decisions through user research, user flows, design concepts and iterative user feedback sessions
- Create rapid iterations of design prototypes that can be tested and validated quickly
- Conduct frequent & appropriate user research, testing and analysis
- Create a functioning live deliverable/working code that will replace heavy and unusable documentation
- Isn’t afraid to make daily product decisions with the product manager and developers
- Leverages data-driven & analytical to drive decisions
Your experience will include:
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in design, computer science, information sciences, psychology, human factors preferred
- Proficiency in at least two of the following UX disciplines: User Research, Interaction Design/Information Architecture, Visual Design or Front-end development
- At least 5 years of experience designing full-service consumer or business applications
- Solid understanding of the user-centred design process
- Excellent organizational and time management skills are required. Have the ability to present and explain design decisions to team, users and stakeholders, at any level
- Open to feedback and engages in active listening to improve the practice of product design
- Have an interest in innovation and continually learn new technologies and design skills/methods within the digital space
- Excellent verbal and written communication
- Onward Search is an equal opportunity employer, dedicated to a policy of non-discrimination in an employment with regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status or any other classification protected by federal, state and local laws and ordinances. Candidates must be at least 18 years old to be considered for employment. EOE/M/F/D/V/SO.
- In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification document form upon hire.
- Onward Search offers medical, dental, vision benefits, as well as a 401k program, for all eligible full time temporary assignments.
- Onward Search is unable to support 1099 / Corp-to-Corp or Independent Contractor arrangements at this time. All freelancers will be paid as W2 employees.
- Onward Search is a drug-free workplace.
SHARE THIS JOB