We are conducting a search for a Nugenesis / SDMS System Administrator for a client in upper New York. This role would be responsible for supporting researchers in the expert use of these systems. The right candidate would have laboratory experience and a background in supporting scientific applications, especially Waters Nugenesis and SDMS.
This position requires knowledge of Windows scientific application and the Waters environment in order to diagnose issues and manage the application, but does not require day-to-day infrastructure management (OS provisioning, OS patching, etc.)
- Provide Level 1-2 support for scientific applications, including Nugenesis
- Gather requirements from users for enhancements or patches
- Manage existing templates and configuration
- Install and configure application enhancements
- Manage application user lifecycle management
- Perform unit testing
- Work with software vendors for application troubleshooting
- Coordinate with other support teams within the organization
- Some off-hours support may be required to install application upgrades or monitor/verify OS patches or upgrades
- Technical SME
- Project Management
- Change control management/execution
- Experience with Waters Nugenesis preferred
- Experience with scientific applications (Empower, Pipeline Pilot, Spotfire) desired
- Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree in Life Science or Technical field
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Good requirements analysis & documentation experience
- Problem solving and analytical capabilities; ability to deal with and resolve conflicts
- Previous in-lab experience desired
- Onward Search is an equal opportunity employer, dedicated to a policy of non-discrimination in an employment with regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status or any other classification protected by federal, state and local laws and ordinances. Candidates must be at least 18 years old to be considered for employment. EOE/M/F/D/V/SO.
- In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification document form upon hire.
- The client is unable to support 1099 / Corp-to-Corp or Independent Contractor arrangements at this time. All freelancers will be paid as W2 employees.
- Onward Search is a drug-free workplace.
SHARE THIS JOB