Our client, a CPG company, is looking for a Lead Apparel Designer to join their rapidly growing team fulltime! We are looking for candidates with the following skill set and experience to join the team.
Lead Apparel Designer Responsibilities:
- Researching market/competitors and creating innovative product designs that advance the brands image as an industry leader/innovator.
- Responsible for all design details (rough sketches through completion of tech packs).
- Selecting materials, color details, & styling details, and partnering with design team in the development of artwork for branding and packaging.
- Participating in garment fittings and review product details/revise patterns to ensure product execution meets standards for design, functionality and durability.
- Review all details on prototypes with key stakeholders for feedback to inform the best design for the customer and ensure all quality standards are met.
- Work with executive team to set SKU assortment for design, as well as calendaring deadlines for design, prototypes, manufacturing and quality control.
- Attending relevant trade shows and partnering with executive team to plan/execute participation as a vendor at trades shows.
Lead Apparel Designer Requirements:
- BA in Apparel Design or relevant field.
- 5+ years of experience designing apparel for production, industrial/heavy-duty garment experience a plus.
- Proficient with Adobe Illustrator.
- Strong sketching and prototyping skills.
- Previous experience creating apparel patterns.
- Strong understanding of design and color principles as they pertain to apparel design.
- Previous experience leading apparel design function, owning specific categories or the entirety of a brands apparel offerings.
- Previous management experience a plus.
- Ability to develop design presentations and present design solutions to key project stakeholders.
Does this sound like you? Apply today!
Must be at least 18 years old. Onward Search is a drug-free workplace. Onward Search is an equal opportunity employer, dedicated to a policy of non-discrimination in employment with regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status or any other classification protected by federal, state and local laws and ordinances, nationally and internationally. EOE/M/F/D/V/SO
- Onward Search is an equal opportunity employer, dedicated to a policy of non-discrimination in an employment with regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status or any other classification protected by federal, state and local laws and ordinances. Candidates must be at least 18 years old to be considered for employment. EOE/M/F/D/V/SO.
- In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification document form upon hire.
- The client is unable to support 1099 / Corp-to-Corp or Independent Contractor arrangements at this time. All freelancers will be paid as W2 employees.
- Onward Search is a drug-free workplace.