Onward Search has a new exciting opportunity with a huge Fortune 500 client. This opportunity is for a Packaging Designer who can start immediately at our client’s office in New York City. The ideal candidate should be passionate about design and innovation as they will design the evolution brand’s packaging and print. If you this sounds like you, apply right now!
- Support the Design Director of Packaging and Visual Merchandising.
- Collaborate with Product Development and Product Marketing Team to create artwork that supports the brand vision.
- Work Closely with Product Development, Product Marketing and Packaging Development to create highly desired designs and retail experience.
- Ensure to always have “finger on the pulse”.
- Create innovative, 3D designs and package design layouts.
- Ensure sustained innovation, while in adherence to brand guidelines.
- Create compelling, disruptive yet elevated design work.
- Thinks outside of the box and leverage knowledge of competitive landscape and trends.
- Manifesting the brand’s edgy DNA through packaging and in-store/in-salon touch points that are both compelling and easily digestible.
- Rapidly turn detailed comps/mockups in an iterative environment.
- Must have 3 to 5 years of related experience in packaging design, production, print design, and typography.
- Must have a strong online portfolio or samples of work depicting relevant work experience.
- Previous experience in beauty, fashion or hair is a major plus.
- A keen understanding of visual communications in specialty-multi.
- Proficiency in Adobe Creative Suite, Illustrator, Photoshop, and InDesign.
- Impeccable visual design aesthetic and eye for detail.
- Ability to handle multiple projects and meet strict deadlines in a fast-paced environment.
- An artistic background is a plus (sculpture, illustration, etc.).
- Solid understanding of current trends in beauty, design, fashion, pop culture, and emerging technologies.
- Understanding of how to design packaging for a mobile-first world.
- Eagerness to collaborate with other teams.
- Positive attitude and willingness to dive into a project big or small.
- Decent knowledge of artwork release and production process is a plus.
- Bring forth resolutions when faced with challenges.
- Strong communication, presentation, and interpersonal skills.
Does this sound like you? Apply today!
- Onward Search is an equal opportunity employer, dedicated to a policy of non-discrimination in an employment with regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status or any other classification protected by federal, state and local laws and ordinances. Candidates must be at least 18 years old to be considered for employment. EOE/M/F/D/V/SO.
- In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification document form upon hire.
- The client is unable to support 1099 / Corp-to-Corp or Independent Contractor arrangements at this time. All freelancers will be paid as W2 employees.
- Onward Search is a drug-free workplace.