Our client, a children's entertainment company, is seeking a Packaging Designer to join the Visual Branding Production team for a freelance assignment with the potential to convert. You will report to the Director, Visual Branding and provide line extensions to new brands and will be the main point person for that particular brand.
- Package design through production on 1 or 2 core brands 70% of the time, and working on other brands and / or new brand concepts 30% of the time
- Under the direction of creative leadership, create packaging design concepts that support brand strategy
- Work with the production team to ensure integrity of design in final deliverables
- Communicate all project related progress/challenges or concerns to the Design Manager and to Project Management
- Develop marketing support materials, creative boards and layout presentations for new and existing business development presentations & trade shows
- Develop digital marketing assets as needed
- Collaborate with Structural Engineering, Marketing, Quality Control and Product Development teams - as well as overseas agents - in the package development and approval process
- 3-5 years' experience in the cpg industry; toy package design preferred
- with packaging design
- A portfolio with packaging samples a must in toy, cpg, beauty, etc. understanding mechanicals
- Prior toy experience is a plus
- Ability to create packaging based on style guides
- Can build packaging with supplied die lines and art assets to prepare for production hand-off
- Must be an expert in InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator, and Acrobat
- Keen sense of design with strong typography skills
- Professional with strong communication skills able to share specifics of experience and contribution of projects
- Proven ability to work in a high volume, innovative, and entrepreneurial environment
- Strong creative and technical abilities including conceptual drawing and manual illustration are a plus
- Seeking warm, humble, collaborative partner to join the team
Does this sound like your skillset and experience? Apply today!
- Onward Search is an equal opportunity employer, dedicated to a policy of non-discrimination in an employment with regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status or any other classification protected by federal, state and local laws and ordinances. Candidates must be at least 18 years old to be considered for employment. EOE/M/F/D/V/SO.
- In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification document form upon hire.
- The client is unable to support 1099 / Corp-to-Corp or Independent Contractor arrangements at this time. All freelancers will be paid as W2 employees.
- Onward Search is a drug-free workplace.
SHARE THIS JOB