Freelance | Job ID #70218 | $28 - $30 hourly | Posted 3 weeks ago
Our client, a leading company in providing juvenile care products, is seeking a Packaging Engineer to join their team.
This is a 3-6 month, Contract to Hire opportunity.
- Create die-lines and prototype packaging designs that are functional, cost effective, fit a project’s brief and are delivered on time and within budget.
- Design packaging that is compatible with existing manufacturing systems.
- Document and update specifications throughout the product development process in close communication with finished goods vendors.
- Perform solid root-cause analysis and technical problem solving of issues with current packaging and predict and prevent issues in future packaging.
- Bachelor's Degree in Packaging Engineering or equivalent degree with 3+ years’ work experience in packaging development for both retail and online.
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office, ArtiosCAD, and Cape Pack Software or similar.
- Experience with use of prototype sample cutting tables and software preferred.
- Understanding of consumer products supply chain, distribution, and manufacturing environments.
- Experience in designing PDQ (product display quickly) trays, retail displays, and creative structure styles.
To learn more about this Packaging Engineer opportunity, apply now and chat with a recruiter today!
What’s in our benefits packages:
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance
- Life Insurance
- 401k Program
- Commuter Benefit
- Education Reimbursement
- Ongoing Training & Development
- *To qualify for our benefits package, you must work over 30 hours per week and the length of assignment must be a minimum of 10 weeks.
At Onward Search, our job is to find you dream jobs.
We are creatives, marketers and digital wizards who use our talents to connect talented people with the nation’s leading brands. And our relationship won’t end with your start date.
More than recruiters, we are your advocates, advisors, and employers of record. We pay weekly, make sure your needs are met, and measure our success by yours. Join us.
DE&I is not just our promise, it’s our passion.
Onward Search is an equal opportunity employer dedicated to a policy of non-discrimination in employment regarding race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status, or any other classification protected by federal, state and local laws and ordinances.
Have talented friends or colleagues in your network looking for their next gig? Refer them to us and earn $500!
Uncover more creative, marketing and tech opportunities at Onwardsearch.com.
- Onward Search is an equal opportunity employer, dedicated to a policy of non-discrimination in an employment with regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status or any other classification protected by federal, state and local laws and ordinances. Candidates must be at least 18 years old to be considered for employment. EOE/M/F/D/V/SO.
- In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification document form upon hire.
- Onward Search offers medical, dental, vision benefits, as well as a 401k program, for all eligible full time temporary assignments.
- Onward Search is unable to support 1099 / Corp-to-Corp or Independent Contractor arrangements at this time. All freelancers will be paid as W2 employees.
- Onward Search is a drug-free workplace.
Pay: $28 - $30 hourly
SHARE THIS JOB
Turn on email alerts for this search