Onward Search is looking for a Packaging Experience Designer to join our global security client's Product Experience team to dive deep into this mission to create engaging, intuitive, and visually-driven user experiences for global device launches across our growing portfolio. We’re a team that is passionate about learning, and we’re looking for an exceptional thinker with systems-oriented, strategic design skills to help us raise the bar. In every work-stream, we immerse ourselves in customer insights, and invent on behalf of our neighbors, what we call our customers. We brainstorm scenarios our customers will benefit from and solutions to pain points. We craft products that aim to bring compelling storytelling to every touchpoint in the purchase funnel.
- Scope and drive the creative development and execution for devices, including: packaging and unboxing experience, technical and brand publications, and user education
- Contribute to the architecture of short and long-term user experience features and product lines across devices and locales
- Foster shared understanding of customer needs and how design, technology, and business intersect to meet those needs
- Use business requirements and customer research to assist in developing scenarios, use cases, requirements, prototypes, high-fidelity mockups, and interaction specifications
- Drive UX solutions that endlessly advocate for the customer and ensure their voices are heard
- Improve customer metrics and the usability of devices
- Define patterns to manage and prioritize ideation. Develop and maintain specifications others can apply to scale globally
- Present to business, design, and executive-level leadership with design rationale using market analysis, metrics, behavioral data, quantitative research, customer feedback, and usability findings to support your work and substantiate
- Support the preparation of printed materials and packaging for press, working with production to verify proofs and confirm file accuracy
- Support relationships with suppliers, engaging in prototyping and engineering efforts. Have insight into cost, production timelines, and workback schedules
- Meet all team deadlines and responsibilities by listening to others and valuing opinions
- Bachelor's degree in a related design field and 6+ years of professional experience
- A portfolio demonstrating mastery in effective user-centered design solutions
- 4+ years of experience building out templated design systems, mockups, and prototyping in 2D/3D
- 4+ years of experience working with offset printing, dielines, color, material and finish (CMF), and recyclability of paper products (corrugate, paper pulp, SBS)
- Working knowledge of human centered design principles and practice
- Ability to extract abstract concepts and quickly turn around rigorous unboxing flows and mockups reflecting a range of options
- Strong communication skills with the ability to listen, synthesize feedback, present, and sell through ideation
- Experience measuring the impact of your work against key business and customer experience goals
- Familiarity with research methodologies and turning customer feedback into actionable findings
- Ability to multitask and complete projects on time and successfully by staying organized and efficient
- A complete understanding of all visual communications including typography, layout, and photo direction, as well as the ability to work with content strategy to create distinct solution that solve for the user experience
- Onward Search is an equal opportunity employer, dedicated to a policy of non-discrimination in an employment with regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status or any other classification protected by federal, state and local laws and ordinances. Candidates must be at least 18 years old to be considered for employment. EOE/M/F/D/V/SO.
- In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification document form upon hire.
- The client is unable to support 1099 / Corp-to-Corp or Independent Contractor arrangements at this time. All freelancers will be paid as W2 employees.
- Onward Search is a drug-free workplace.
SHARE THIS JOB