Our client, a top gaming company located in Redwood City is looking to hire a part-time (20 hrs/wk) Event Manager with tech conference experience for a 3+ month assignment.
This person will be responsible for leading bi-weekly project team meetings and managing all meeting presentation and materials. They will also manage event logistics including attendee communication, registration, hotel room blocks, conference space.
**Please note that this role is required to travel to Orlando, FL for a tech conference the first week in October 2019 (this will be a 40+ hr week).
Responsibilities, Skills and Experience:
- Develop and maintain a comprehensive event schedule with programs of action and milestones
- Develop cost estimates, tracks payments, and keep budget accounting for event. Provides accurate allocation of event expenses per project plan.
- Plan and execute the Team Celebration event during the Conference in Orlando, FL
- Act as a point of contact for all event vendors, event attendees, and project team
- Provide on-site support and assist with event load-in and post-event breakdown
- Excellent organizational skills with ability to prioritize multiple tasks, projects and assignments
- Ability to work with various team members and individuals throughout the company
- Can prioritize deliverables based on team leader input
- Self-starter who takes ownership and upholds excellent work ethic
- Excellent written, grammatical, and oral communication skills
- Strong time management and organizational skills
- Provides clear work direction and performance expectations
- Openness to learn and ability to learn quickly
- Exceptional attention to detail and accuracy
- Onward Search is an equal opportunity employer, dedicated to a policy of non-discrimination in an employment with regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status or any other classification protected by federal, state and local laws and ordinances. Candidates must be at least 18 years old to be considered for employment. EOE/M/F/D/V/SO.
- In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification document form upon hire.
- The client is unable to support 1099 / Corp-to-Corp or Independent Contractor arrangements at this time. All freelancers will be paid as W2 employees.
- Onward Search is a drug-free workplace.