Our client, a Global Ecommerce/Retailer is seeking a Platform Engineer to join them on a full time perm basis.
The Senior Platform Engineer role is responsible for contributing to the design, execution, and ongoing support of mission critical platforms that enable Streaming, Observability, Data & Analytics, and Developer Experience across the organization. Passionate and committed to collaborating to deliver highly scalable and redundant environment to drive our business objectives.
Delivery & Execution:
- Build and maintain systems, supporting millions of active users, with millions of daily API calls
- Maintain uptime and uphold SLAs for the platform
- Develop, modify, enhances and implement automation to support updates and patching
- Monitor and troubleshoot moderate to complex platform quality issues
- Lead or Assist in leading the implementation of security and advocate for data governance in the company
- Ensure alignment to drive cross-platform consistency
- Evaluate all High Availability elements for all platform capabilities
- Eye towards reducing compute, bandwidth and storage costs
- Understand CI/CD lifecycle
Support & Enablement:
- Fields questions from other product teams or support teams
- Monitors tools and participates in conversations to encourage collaboration across product teams
- Provides platform support for software running in production
- Proactively monitors production Service Level Objectives for the platform
- Proactively reviews the Performance and Capacity of all aspects of production: code, infrastructure, data, and message processing
- Participates in learning activities around modern cloud architecture and design and development core practices (communities of practice)
- Proactively views articles, tutorials, and videos to learn about new technologies and best practices being used within other technology organizations
- Reviews and discusses changes from more senior engineers to understand best practices and design patterns
- Increases business acumen by learning about other parts of the business
- 5+ years of experience
- Experience in a Linux or Unix based environment
- Exposure to query optimization and troubleshooting
- Exposure to REST and effective web service design
- Exposure to a cloud computing platform and the associated automation patterns they provide
- Experience with Data and Analytics platforms
- Experience with Agile Development and knowledge on Agile Deployment tools and versioning using Git or similar tools
- Experience with observability and monitoring platforms
- Experience with modern web application frameworks and tools such as Spring boot/UML/Struts/Spring
- Understanding of streaming and messaging platforms
- Desired Skills:
- Good Knowledge of Retail E-Commerce Domain
- Exposure to a CI/CD toolchain
- Understanding of modern microservice-based architectures and methodologies
- Exposure to 12-factor methodology and its benefits, and able to demonstrate appropriate patterns to more junior team members
- Exposure to destructive testing methodologies, behavioral testing and tools
- Exposure to production systems design including High Availability, Disaster Recovery, Performance, Efficiency, and Security
- Exposure to defensive coding practices and patterns for high-availability
- Experience with Apache Service Mix (or other ESB and Integration technologies)
- Eclipse Development Environments
- JEE/Java development including JSP, JSTL, Servlets, Java Beans, EJBs, JPA
- Web services, RESTful and/or Axis/SOAP
- Exposure to Apigee or API gateways
- Onward Search is an equal opportunity employer, dedicated to a policy of non-discrimination in an employment with regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status or any other classification protected by federal, state and local laws and ordinances. Candidates must be at least 18 years old to be considered for employment. EOE/M/F/D/V/SO.
- In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification document form upon hire.
- Onward Search offers medical, dental, vision benefits, as well as a 401k program, for all eligible full time temporary assignments.
- Onward Search is unable to support 1099 / Corp-to-Corp or Independent Contractor arrangements at this time. All freelancers will be paid as W2 employees.
- Onward Search is a drug-free workplace.
SHARE THIS JOB