We are seeking a Cloud Security Architect to join our client in East Coast Hours for a full-time perm engagement.
We are seeking a highly motivated, experienced leader to build out our Security Architecture team.
As the Principal Cloud Security Architect, you will serve as a technical leader through active engagement, solution development, and collaboration with engineering and IT teams. You will be a critical contributor to the organization's cloud security goals, providing security expertise, guidance, and environmental awareness to ensure enterprise-grade security, compliance, and responsiveness to threats.
The Security Architecture team partners closely with all verticals in the business to build security into our products and our culture. The Principal Cloud Security Architect acts as the representative of the Recruitics Security Organization in high-level architecture discussions, brings a security perspective to those discussions, and works to influence others inside Recruitics to adopt security first strategies.
The role of the Principal Cloud Security Architect demands business insight, technical acuity, and the ability to think, communicate and write at various levels of abstraction. As our Security Architect, your day-to-day duties will comprise about 50% Strategist, 25% Architect, and 25% Advisor. You love teamwork and collaborating across the organization to identify, communicate, remediate and prioritize security work, and you understand how to take your knowledge and experience and use it to meet people where they are to drive effective change across the organization.
The Principal Cloud Security Architect is a security leader and evangelist who enjoys training and mentoring others, creates and propagates a shared vision for security, and educates and elevates their teammates.
- Partner with stakeholders to define the cloud security vision and strategy for Recruitics.
- Provide hands-on support of Configuration Management tools such as CloudFormation, TerraForm, Ansible, Bitbucket, Gitlab, or similar
- Implement continuous review process for security architecture and provide recommendations for enhancements, changes, & additions.
- Advise developers and architects on security best practices in cloud applications.
- Mentor and cross-train to other Security practitioners across Recruitics.
- Stay up to date with the latest vulnerabilities, exploits, security trends, and general changes in technology to provide guidance on how these affect the security of our business.
- Perform threat modeling, architecture & design reviews on services and applications as required.
- Act as the security liaison and technical SME to help internal organizations build security into their products and services.
- Evaluate and promote new and existing cloud security standards, solutions, and tools.
- Support the cloud security operations team with solution architecture guidance.
- Provide consulting for internal security operations teams conducting incident response drills to support security compliance initiatives.
- Demonstrable experience building an enterprise security strategy for a cloud-based business and driving the program's evolution to meet new requirements.
- 5+ years experience with Cloud platforms such as Amazon Web Services (AWS), Azure, GCP.
- 10 or more years of experience in information security or security engineering with a focus on designing, deploying, and supporting enterprise security solutions.
- AWS Certified Solution Architect and/or AWS Certified Security Specialist preferred.
- Experience architecting, implementing, and designing cloud security capabilities in areas of IAM, endpoint security, network security, data protection, and application security practices and environments, preferably within AWS.
- Practical experience with Enterprise Architecture frameworks such as AWS Well-Architected Framework, TOGAF, SABSA, etc.
- Experience implementing industry frameworks such as NIST CSF and CIS Controls
- Experience leading threat modeling exercises and conducting design reviews of large scalable systems.
- Experience leading and reinforcing a security-oriented culture across technical and business stakeholders.
Does this sound like you? Apply today!
- Onward Search is an equal opportunity employer, dedicated to a policy of non-discrimination in an employment with regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status or any other classification protected by federal, state and local laws and ordinances. Candidates must be at least 18 years old to be considered for employment. EOE/M/F/D/V/SO.
- In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification document form upon hire.
- Onward Search offers medical, dental, vision benefits, as well as a 401k program, for all eligible full time temporary assignments.
- Onward Search is unable to support 1099 / Corp-to-Corp or Independent Contractor arrangements at this time. All freelancers will be paid as W2 employees.
- Onward Search is a drug-free workplace.
SHARE THIS JOB