Our client, a leader in the insurance industry, is looking for a Principal Designer to join their team. This is a full-time position and looks to start ASAP. Must be local to NYC and comfortable going into the hybrid office environment.
What you will be doing:
- Use human-centered design methodologies to understand, design, and evaluate user experience.
- Assess current digital user experiences to understand areas of improvement across devices and provide solutions.
- Play an intricate part in the Design System development.
- Create designs, UI elements, and layouts using current design components to maintain brand consistency.
- Use research insights to create sitemaps, user flows, user journey maps, personas, low and high fidelity wireframes, and prototypes.
- Participate in research and testing.
- Be a leader and help contribute to UX strategy development directly with internal and external teams.
- Collaborate with cross-disciplinary teams to be able to deliver digital products in an agile environment.
- 5+ years in UI design in desktop and mobile.
- 5+ years of experience in UX or Product design.
- Expert-level knowledge with design tools such as Figma, Sketch, and Adobe Creative Suite.
- Familiarity with Adobe Experience Manager or other CMS systems.
- In-depth knowledge of both qualitative and quantitative user research methodologies, user testing and usability testing, and proficiency with user testing tools.
- Expertise in interpreting and applying user research data and site analytics to make data-informed design decisions.
- Excellent team collaboration and relationship management skills.
- Strong communicator and confident speaking with key stakeholders.
- Advanced problem-solving skills.
- Self-motivated and able to work independently.
Does this sound like you? Apply today!
- Onward Search is an equal opportunity employer, dedicated to a policy of non-discrimination in an employment with regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status or any other classification protected by federal, state and local laws and ordinances. Candidates must be at least 18 years old to be considered for employment. EOE/M/F/D/V/SO.
- In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification document form upon hire.
- Onward Search offers medical, dental, vision benefits, as well as a 401k program, for all eligible full time temporary assignments.
- Onward Search is unable to support 1099 / Corp-to-Corp or Independent Contractor arrangements at this time. All freelancers will be paid as W2 employees.
- Onward Search is a drug-free workplace.
SHARE THIS JOB