Onward Play is seeking a Principal Server Software Engineer to join a team responsible for their core Payments platform, enabling seamless integration with the app store, consoles, and payment processing providers. In this role, you’ll be joining one of the most celebrated and award-winning major mobile game studios!
- Take a hands-on approach to architecting, writing and reviewing code.
- Follow engineering standard methodologies towards ensuring performance, reliability, and measurability at scale.
- Work with Product Management to translate business requirements into technical requirements.
- Maintain an understanding of end-to-end system interactions and architecture.
- Work with teammates, contributing to an innovative environment of technical excellence.
- Review detailed designs from others, aligning with the team and Zynga-wide technical vision.
- Experience with containers, transforming monolithic code base, terraform scripting
DESIRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- B.S. in Computer Science, or equivalent
- 7+ years of hands-on enterprise scale software development experience
- Expert knowledge Java 11, Spring Boot, AWS
- Knowledge of backend server applications, web services, REST APIs, AWS, etc
- Experience in object oriented and independent design of applications or systems
- Familiarity with agile development methods and tools
- Experience with iOS, Android, Unity or Unreal a plus
- Excellent written and spoken communication skills and ability to work with others
- Experience debugging code in production
Does this sound like you? Apply today!
- Onward Search is an equal opportunity employer, dedicated to a policy of non-discrimination in an employment with regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status or any other classification protected by federal, state and local laws and ordinances. Candidates must be at least 18 years old to be considered for employment. EOE/M/F/D/V/SO.
- In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification document form upon hire.
- Onward Search offers medical, dental, vision benefits, as well as a 401k program, for all eligible full time temporary assignments.
- Onward Search is unable to support 1099 / Corp-to-Corp or Independent Contractor arrangements at this time. All freelancers will be paid as W2 employees.
- Onward Search is a drug-free workplace.
SHARE THIS JOB