Onward Play is seeking an experienced engineer to work directly with PC game developers around the world driving game optimizations to create best-in-class experiences for the Snapdragon chipset. The ideal candidate is comfortable analyzing optimized Windows x64 assembly instructions with no source code or debugging symbols available. The ideal candidate might come from malware research or security investigation background. This is a unique opportunity to triage and investigate Windows application failures in a new environment on Snapdragon Windows devices.
Our client is a leading telecommunications company who is passionate about next-generation gaming technologies and delivering exceptional gaming experiences. Their highly creative teams are full of veteran game developers, artists, game engine experts, and graphics enthusiasts who work on our latest GPU and gaming hardware innovations around mobile, PC, and XR.
- 8+ years of Software Engineering
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent in Game Development, Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics, or related field.
- 3+ years of relevant Gaming Software experience.
- MS, or Ph.D. degree in an engineering or computer science-related field.
- Proven track record of analyzing and reverse engineering commercial software, perhaps to identify security vulnerabilities or exploits
- Familiar with DX12 and Windows Graphics
- Windows application development experience or Windows Driver experience
- Prior experience with anti-cheat and anti-debugger techniques used in the commercial games industry
- Experience using windbg
- Experience using IDA Pro, Ghidra or another reverse engineering toolset
- Comfortable working with unfamiliar, large multi-million-instruction software with no source code or debugging symbols
- 2+ years of relevant GPU/Gaming Software experience.
- Expertise in reverse engineering Windows software
- Experience working with x64 assembly
- Understanding of low-level x64 ABI
- Excellent problem solving skills
- Excellent ability to infer and recognize patterns
- Understanding of Windows application lifecycle
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
Does this sound like you? Apply today!
- Onward Search is an equal opportunity employer, dedicated to a policy of non-discrimination in an employment with regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status or any other classification protected by federal, state and local laws and ordinances. Candidates must be at least 18 years old to be considered for employment. EOE/M/F/D/V/SO.
- In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification document form upon hire.
- Onward Search offers medical, dental, vision benefits, as well as a 401k program, for all eligible full time temporary assignments.
- Onward Search is unable to support 1099 / Corp-to-Corp or Independent Contractor arrangements at this time. All freelancers will be paid as W2 employees.
- Onward Search is a drug-free workplace.
SHARE THIS JOB