Onward Play is seeking an experienced engineer to work directly with PC game developers around the world driving game optimizations to create best-in-class experiences for the Snapdragon chipset. The focus of the role will be primarily on GPU and CPU-related features and optimizations for PC gaming but will touch all the Snapdragon SOC hardware blocks including, audio, video, neural processing, display, and connectivity. This is a unique opportunity to work with cutting-edge hardware and contribute to the future of high-performance, always-connected PC gaming.
Our client is a well-known telecommunications/gaming company that is passionate about next-generation gaming technologies and delivering exceptional gaming experiences. Their highly creative teams are full of veteran game developers, artists, game engine experts, and graphics enthusiasts who work on our latest GPU and gaming hardware innovations around mobile, PC, and XR.
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering, Information Systems, Computer Science, or related field.
- 8+ years of Software Engineering or related work experience.
- 4+ years experience with Programming Languages such as C, C++, Java, Python, etc.
- MS, or Ph.D. degree in an engineering or computer science-related field.
- 10+ years of professional experience
- Comfortable working in large unfamiliar C/C++ codebases
- Experience developing source-level game engine features/optimizations
- Solid 3D graphics related mathematics background
- Expertise with Vulkan, DirectX. OpenGL, or OpenGL ES
- Experience shipping at least one commercial PC or console game
- Experience providing technical direction for a small team of engineers
- Familiarity with 3D graphics profilers and debuggers such as Snapdragon Profiler, RenderDoc, Pix, NSight, etc…
- Deep understanding of modern PC/console game engine architectures
- Experience developing, profiling, and optimizing modern rendering algorithms
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
Does this sound like you? Apply today!
- Onward Search is an equal opportunity employer, dedicated to a policy of non-discrimination in an employment with regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status or any other classification protected by federal, state and local laws and ordinances. Candidates must be at least 18 years old to be considered for employment. EOE/M/F/D/V/SO.
- In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification document form upon hire.
- Onward Search offers medical, dental, vision benefits, as well as a 401k program, for all eligible full time temporary assignments.
- Onward Search is unable to support 1099 / Corp-to-Corp or Independent Contractor arrangements at this time. All freelancers will be paid as W2 employees.
- Onward Search is a drug-free workplace.
SHARE THIS JOB