Our client is looking for a dynamic Principal UI/UX Designer to create easy to use business to business applications and mobile experiences involving big data enterprise systems and IoT hardware interactions.
*This is going to be an onsite position so only local candidates will be considered.*
The Principal UX Designer’s responsibilities include gathering user requirements, designing intuitive enterprise software, mobile app, and IoT hardware user experiences, creating visual styles, and conducting research to inform and validate the user experience. To be successful in this role, you should have experience with user research, software design, and prototyping as well as a portfolio of professional design projects that includes work with web/mobile business applications. You will lead the creation of functional and appealing features that address our clients’ needs and help us grow our customer base through a user-centered approach to product design. The Principal UX Designer works closely with a team including other User Experience Designers, Business Analysts, product stakeholders, software engineering, and external teams.
Duties include, but are not limited to:
- Lead designs through the full product design lifecycle on multiple projects and initiatives from early ideation, to detailed execution, through launch
- Facilitate user research, evaluate user feedback, report and document findings for stakeholders, and translate findings into actionable requirements
- Manage collection of customer insights and gather data to deepen our understanding of user needs, behaviors, and mental models
- Collaborate to define innovation activities for future initiatives and product ideas
- Present design reviews and innovation concepts to cross-functional teams
- Provide guidance and mentorship to other team members in UI and UX design best practices including Junior team members, Co-Op Students, and interns
- Collaboration is key… Must be skilled in leading design discussions to foster a collaborative approach to advising stakeholder, requirements collection, solution review, and ongoing feedback
- Develop, document, and promote design guidelines, best practices and standards across product portfolio, working with stakeholders and product teams. Manage design pattern systems
- Perform out-of-the-box design thinking, collaborate with others, and make a difference every day!
- Gather, inform, and evaluate requirements in collaboration with cross-functional teams
- Demonstrate interaction and design ideas using storyboards, journey maps and prototypes
- Design graphical user interface elements and build out pages and navigational components
- Develop UI mockups and prototypes that clearly illustrate how products look and behave
- Define complex data visualizations that communicate clearly to end users
- Create original graphic designs (e.g. images, icons, and other graphics)
- In collaboration with Product Management, prepare and present design solutions to stakeholders
- Identify and troubleshoot UX problems (e.g. responsiveness, findability, administration tools)
- Propose opportunities for improvement based on user feedback and research
- Build a deep understanding of business goals to help drive results. Challenge the goals when necessary to align with user’s needs
- Evaluate UX effectiveness of current applications
- BS in Interaction Design, Human Factors (HCI), Computer Science or relevant field
- 8+ years proven experience as a UI/UX Designer or similar role
- Portfolio of design projects highlighting design for web-based applications, mobile applications & consumer facing web sites and/or applications
- Up-to-date knowledge of design and wireframe tools (e.g. Axure, InVision, Sketch, Adobe Suite)
- Experience with hardware device usability is a plus
- Engaged team player; strong communication and listening skills to collaborate with various stakeholders including executives, sales and support teams, and end users
- Ability to work well with ambiguity or when requirements are in flux
- Proven experience showing clear understanding of the intersection between user needs, technology requirements, and business goals
- Artistic eye for design and ability to think creatively while maintaining accuracy and attention to detail
- Strong problem-solving and innovation ability
- Excellent organizational, time and project management skills
- An understanding of the latest design and technology trends and their role in a commercial environment
- Experience working in an Agile/Scrum development process
Apply today to be considered!
- Onward Search is an equal opportunity employer, dedicated to a policy of non-discrimination in an employment with regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status or any other classification protected by federal, state and local laws and ordinances. Candidates must be at least 18 years old to be considered for employment. EOE/M/F/D/V/SO.
- In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification document form upon hire.
- Onward Search offers medical, dental, vision benefits, as well as a 401k program, for all eligible full time temporary assignments.
- Onward Search is unable to support 1099 / Corp-to-Corp or Independent Contractor arrangements at this time. All freelancers will be paid as W2 employees.
- Onward Search is a drug-free workplace.
SHARE THIS JOB