Our client, a financial company located in Downtown LA is looking to hire a Print Producer for a 6+ month assignment. This person will be responsible for attending press approvals to ensure color accuracy, quality printing, proper folding, packing and shipment of product to the appropriate destination(s).
- Reviews press sheets, adjusts color, and spot checks fulfillment for proper folding, gluing and packing while on press
- Creates production schedules with project management to ensure the timely delivery of materials
- Determines the best print production method for project components with the creative team
- Selects paper based on project specifications, cost considerations and printer equipment
- Reviews all layouts and mechanicals prior to release and all proofs prior to printing
- Prepares print specifications and shipping information for print vendors
- Utilizes knowledge of print manufacturing to resolve issues between the print vendor and designer, which may pertain to file, color and/or design, to ensure the material prints according to expectations
Skills and Experience:
- Demonstrates the ability to be extremely organized and efficient with excellent attention to detail and accuracy
- Reflects a calm and confident demeanor; projects a professional image
- Demonstrates the ability to prioritize multiple projects and work under tight deadlines
- Demonstrates a customer service-focused attitude with strong proven interpersonal communication skills (both written and verbal)
- Demonstrates the ability to identify and resolve problems in a timely manner with minimal supervision; self-directing; capable of operating independently and prioritizing workload; making sound decisions based on the stated priorities and preferences
- Demonstrates the ability to work well with others and effectively present information in one-on-one or group situations
- Demonstrates strong analytical and problem solving skills with the ability to work with ambiguity
- Self-driven, proactive and confident, intelligent and mentally agile, able to keep a very fast paced schedule; upbeat and energetic; motivated by completing tasks.
- Ad agency experience desirable
- Requires proficiency with Microsoft Office (specifically Excel and Word) and the ability to learn proprietary technical software quickly
- Requires 5+ years of direct mail experience with variable data printing
- Must have a thorough understanding of variable data programming with experience leading variable data print programs with outside vendors and internal business/IT groups.
- Requires 5+ years of experience in traditional offset and digital printing processes
Must be at least 18 years old. Onward Search is a drug-free workplace. Onward Search is an equal opportunity employer, dedicated to a policy of non-discrimination in employment with regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status or any other classification protected by federal, state and local laws and ordinances, nationally and internationally. EOE/M/F/D/V/SO
- Onward Search is an equal opportunity employer, dedicated to a policy of non-discrimination in an employment with regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status or any other classification protected by federal, state and local laws and ordinances. Candidates must be at least 18 years old to be considered for employment. EOE/M/F/D/V/SO.
- In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification document form upon hire.
- The client is unable to support 1099 / Corp-to-Corp or Independent Contractor arrangements at this time. All freelancers will be paid as W2 employees.
- Onward Search is a drug-free workplace.