Our client, a top insurance company, is looking to hire a Digital Product Operations Specialist for a freelance assignment. Under general direction of Digital Product Operations Manager, you will use your expertise in process analysis and improvement to help build and maintain our operational model, freeing up Product Managers to focus on meeting their business objectives.
With your prior experience, you are able to work with a high level of independence to identify gaps, build processes and systems from the ground up or improve on existing structures, and create aids and tools for users and stakeholders.
RESPONSIBILITIES, SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Working with Product Managers on identifying the right product backlogs for disposition of incoming demand
- Along the way discuss an improvement to our intake process that you can work to implement
- Training stakeholders on existing processes, noting any gaps in processes or variations that may be needed
- Bring potential solutions, along with benchmarks or best practices, back to the DPM Operations group for discussion
- Completing research and business analysis on a complex incoming demand request, with the goal of determining where the request belongs within the Product Management team
- Forging an agreement with our Product Managers and documenting best practices for the tools that house our roadmaps and backlogs, so that we are using our tools in a consistent and predictable way
- Discussing our Roadmap taxonomy with Product Managers and other stakeholders, and developing multiple roadmap views to meet the needs of specific audiences
- Collaborating with our data services team and Product Managers to develop and maintain a dashboard that shows KPI metrics for each of our products, or preparing a presentation that use our metrics to explain our objectives and show progress
- Contributing to the planning for our next big team, steering, or planning meeting
- Experience using principles, theories and concepts applicable to process engineering
- Self-starter with a can-do attitude and ability to handle multiple activities
- Highly collaborative orientation, able to build relationships with business partners within and across divisions
- Team player able to work effectively at varying levels of an organization with the ability to influence others and move toward consensus
- Proven ability to proactively identify needed change and act as an agent for this change, implementing across functions through relationships and influencez
- Proven communication skills and the ability to communicate appropriately at all levels of the organization, both written and verbally
- Ability to think creatively and to drive innovation
- Expert information-gathering, analytical and problem-solving skills
- Working knowledge of the following tools preferred: Aha!, JIRA/Confluence, MixPanel, Tableau, Power BI
- Bachelor's degree in related area or an equivalent combination of education and experience
SKILLS + EXPERIENCE:
- 10+ years of related experience, including experience improving and optimizing business operations and processes
- 3-5 years of experience in or partnering with a Digital Product Management organization
- Working knowledge of Agile Software Development methodologies
- Onward Search is an equal opportunity employer, dedicated to a policy of non-discrimination in an employment with regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status or any other classification protected by federal, state and local laws and ordinances. Candidates must be at least 18 years old to be considered for employment. EOE/M/F/D/V/SO.
- In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification document form upon hire.
- The client is unable to support 1099 / Corp-to-Corp or Independent Contractor arrangements at this time. All freelancers will be paid as W2 employees.
- Onward Search is a drug-free workplace.
SHARE THIS JOB