Onward Search is currently seeking an experienced Product Analyst with proven experience in the financial industry. We are seeking this individual on a 6 month extendable contract basis working out of our clients Austin, TX office. Apply today to speak with one of our associates to learn more!
What this team does:
• Inventory Insights is part of the Structured Data project and it drives one of the top company initiatives
• My group does a lot of price and demand prediction
• We collect millions of competitive prices
• We analyze the eBay inventory for new business opportunities
Day to Day:
- Collecting and analyzing many different types of price and demand data and identifying opportunities to adjust our pricing, policies, or product features
- Statistical analysis to identify which insights are significant.
- Creating clear, compelling infographics that illustrate the insights
- Pull complex, custom data queries from numerous different systems across eBay. Transactions, buyers, sellers, impressions, shipping, tax, fees, coupons, etc.
- Evaluate statistical significance of results
- Work with Hadoop and Sojourner queries
- Can create clear and compelling presentations for the data pulled
- Can think strategically
- Has a healthy skepticism of the data sources (knows how to question the source data to ensure that it accurately reflects the assumed intent)
Skills you bring to the table:
- Advanced SQL. Long complex queries. Query optimization
- Hadoop queries
- Understanding of the online commerce space and eBay’s business
- Statistical analysis (knows how to use R)
What makes an ideal candidate:
- Willingness to get out and meet analysts in other teams that may have important insights or data
- Curiosity (a desire to understand the meaning and user motivations and needs behind data)
- Self-directed. Can understand the higher level objective and see pitfalls that others may have overlooked
- Not afraid to speak-up and ask questions
- Onward Search is an equal opportunity employer, dedicated to a policy of non-discrimination in an employment with regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status or any other classification protected by federal, state and local laws and ordinances. Candidates must be at least 18 years old to be considered for employment. EOE/M/F/D/V/SO.
- In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification document form upon hire.
- The client is unable to support 1099 / Corp-to-Corp or Independent Contractor arrangements at this time. All freelancers will be paid as W2 employees.
- Onward Search is a drug-free workplace.
SHARE THIS JOB