Our client, a CPG company, is looking for a Product Designer (bags/backpacks/ luggage) to join their rapidly growing team:
Product Designer Responsibilities:
- Researching market/competitors and creating innovative product designs (bags and accessories) that advance the brands image as an industry leader/innovator.
- Responsible for all design details (rough sketches through completion of tech packs).
- Selecting materials, color details, styling details, and partnering with the design team in the development of artwork for branding and packaging.
- Review all details on prototypes with critical stakeholders for feedback to inform the best design for the customer and ensure all quality standards are met.
- Work with the executive team to set SKU assortment for design, as well as calendaring deadlines for design, prototypes, manufacturing, and quality control.
- Attending relevant trade shows and partnering with the executive team to plan/execute participation as a vendor at trades shows.
Product Designer Requirements:
- A BA in Apparel / Product Design or relevant field.
- 5+ years of experience designing apparel, specifically bags, luggage, and accessories.
- Proficient with Adobe Illustrator.
- Strong sketch and prototyping skills.
- Previous experience creating apparel/bag patterns.
- Strong understanding of design and color principles as they pertain to bag design.
- Previous experience leading apparel design function, owning specific categories, or the entirety of a brands apparel offerings.
- Previous management experience a plus.
- Ability to develop design presentations and present design solutions to key project stakeholders.
Does this sound like you apply today!
- Onward Search is an equal opportunity employer, dedicated to a policy of non-discrimination in an employment with regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status or any other classification protected by federal, state and local laws and ordinances. Candidates must be at least 18 years old to be considered for employment. EOE/M/F/D/V/SO.
- In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification document form upon hire.
- The client is unable to support 1099 / Corp-to-Corp or Independent Contractor arrangements at this time. All freelancers will be paid as W2 employees.
- Onward Search is a drug-free workplace.
SHARE THIS JOB