Onward Search has a new opportunity with one of our biggest clients. The position is for a freelance Product Designer who would be available to start immediately onsite at our client’s office in New York.
Our client is looking for an experienced designer to help in developing the best-in-class product for Creators and their teams. Our client’s goal is to let artists stand out amidst the noise. To let them grow and reach new audiences. If you are interested, apply right now!
- Lead rapid discovery and detailed design of new feature ideas
- Work with a small multi-disciplinary team. You’ll partner closely with engineering, product, and business folks to find elegant but practical solutions to design challenges.
- Rapidly produce multiple concepts and prototypes; knowing when to apply pixel-perfect attention to detail, and when to make low-fi sketches and prototypes.
- You will design QA with product managers and developers.
- Produce engaging experiences using sketches, storyboards, information architecture blueprints to collect feedback and iteratively improve and support the design process.
- Create user flows, wireframes, site maps, customer journey maps, and other tools to guide the product development process.
- Create high-fidelity mockups and work with engineers and product managers to oversee UI design implementation, while also serving as an advocate for design in strategic product decisions.
- At least 8 years of related experience designing at tech companies or digital product design agencies.
- A strong online portfolio, or PDF that can be shared with us.
- Ability to provide a brief explanation in your application of why you are excellent for this role while highlighting your portfolio.
- Experience with prototyping and taking a product from the idea stage through to launch and beyond.
- You’re constantly sketching concepts, tweaking flows or refining designs that represent the big-thinking, strategic work. Your head is in the clouds while your feet are on the ground.
- You have impeccable design chops. You’ve shipped products, and understand what it takes to create valuable, people-oriented experiences.
- You have experience designing across platforms, web, and mobile.
- You will support implementation, ensuring that your designs look and work great.
- You enjoy collaborating with other teams to craft the perfect product, and leverage interaction, UI, and visual design to do the best work.
- A proven track record of user interface design, across several products that have been used by different demographics
- Proficient in Sketch, Photoshop, Illustrator, or other design tools.
Apply now to learn more about this job today!
- Onward Search is an equal opportunity employer, dedicated to a policy of non-discrimination in an employment with regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status or any other classification protected by federal, state and local laws and ordinances. Candidates must be at least 18 years old to be considered for employment. EOE/M/F/D/V/SO.
- In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification document form upon hire.
- The client is unable to support 1099 / Corp-to-Corp or Independent Contractor arrangements at this time. All freelancers will be paid as W2 employees.
- Onward Search is a drug-free workplace.