Onward Search has a great new opportunity with a big client in New York City with an immediate start onsite. This opportunity is for an Product Designer who will join a team in an effort to transform the brand and its diverse lines of business into a forward-thinking, innovation-driving, fin-tech organization by enforcing strong Product/Service Strategy, Design, and Development discipline. If you have strong skills in Product Design and an excellent sense in aesthetics, apply today!
- Leverage a command of HCI and Design in order to guide and influence the Product/Service development process
- Formally and informally uncover user needs and contexts via primary and secondary research techniques and leverage learnings to come up with the big idea;
- Create, present, and document proposed solutions from the big ideas to the smallest components including interaction models and flows, screen and component states, or data and information hierarchies.
- Design highly functional user interfaces
- Four-year degree in graphic, industrial, or interaction design or a related field
- At least 6 years of work experience (advanced degrees may be considered toward professional experience)
- Demonstrable experience designing rich interactions for desktop, web, hand-held form factors
- Previous experience designing applications within complex business domains similar to financial services
- Track record of successful deliveries
- Strong portfolio that highlights both ideas and end-product.
- Solid understanding of interactivity and its impact on human behavior;
- Experience with rapid concepting and designing for complex, innovative, experiences
- Ability to explain designs with rationale rooted in user needs and business goals
- Knowledge of methods and techniques to ensure the team is solving the right problem
- Ability to translate business problems and requirements into compelling UI’s
- Impeccable design and prototyping skills to rapidly refine the product concept based on user and stakeholder feedback
Does this sound like you? Apply today!
- Onward Search is an equal opportunity employer, dedicated to a policy of non-discrimination in an employment with regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status or any other classification protected by federal, state and local laws and ordinances. Candidates must be at least 18 years old to be considered for employment. EOE/M/F/D/V/SO.
- In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification document form upon hire.
- The client is unable to support 1099 / Corp-to-Corp or Independent Contractor arrangements at this time. All freelancers will be paid as W2 employees.
- Onward Search is a drug-free workplace.