Our client, an entertainment company, is seeking a freelance Production Artist to join the Creative Design/Multimedia team.
You will report to the Manager of Production and be responsible for:
- Finalizing and prepping design guide creative assets for global distribution
- Prepress work for both print and digital projects from our internal creative teams and external vendors including naming, prepping, and finalizing layouts and assets for design guides, promotions guides, retail guides, branding guides, and character art guides
- Make various formats of supplied artwork production-ready and resolve any artwork issues that arise during production
- Photoshop/Illustrator files to be prepped, layers simplified, merging of asset layers and error checked
- InDesign layout preflight by adding captions and reviewing for discrepancies
- Work closely with character art team on character color correction and optimizing for print
- Maintain consistent server folder structure and follow a development timeline to ensure tasks are being completed on time
- Package and preflight files for release to internal asset management team for distribution to licensing partners
- Liaise with project manager to define design requirements and timelines
- Design and update signage for tradeshow events and online presence, pop-up banners, web banners, and retailers
- Solid knowledge of the printing process and preflighting tools with proven work experience as a production artist, graphic designer, or similar role
- Strong typographic and layout skills
- Strict attention to detail, and outstanding organizational, project management, file-organization and archiving skills are a must
- A keen eye for detail along with a healthy mix of creative and technical know-how
- Excels at recognizing minute discrepancies in art files
- Technical expertise in Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, Acrobat, Bridge and Color management
- Experience working with cross-functional teams and tight deadlines while managing multiple projects
- Must be able to work quickly but also remain extremely detail-oriented
- Mac proficiency with PC knowledge
- Degree in Visual Arts or relevant field required with additional qualification in graphic design a plus
Does this sound like you? Apply today!
Must be at least 18 years old. Onward Search is a drug-free workplace. Onward Search is an equal opportunity employer, dedicated to a policy of non-discrimination in employment with regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status or any other classification protected by federal, state and local laws and ordinances, nationally and internationally. EOE/M/F/D/V/SO
- Onward Search is an equal opportunity employer, dedicated to a policy of non-discrimination in an employment with regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status or any other classification protected by federal, state and local laws and ordinances. Candidates must be at least 18 years old to be considered for employment. EOE/M/F/D/V/SO.
- In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification document form upon hire.
- The client is unable to support 1099 / Corp-to-Corp or Independent Contractor arrangements at this time. All freelancers will be paid as W2 employees.
- Onward Search is a drug-free workplace.