Onward Search is looking for a stellar Program Manager in Product Development to work with one of our clients in the travel/hospitality industry located in Miami, FL! This opportunity is ONSITE in Miami.
- Oversees the delivery of project management methods through a team of professionals, and provides adequate leadership to effectively manage the portfolio of projects
- Utilizes project management tools and industrial engineering techniques to lead and oversee the maintenance of a portfolio of projects
- Responsible for the day-to-day administrative and reporting details of assigned projects. Advises the recommended course of action to the project team and contractors in outlining milestones, establishing work plans, responsibilities, scope and tracking routines
- Leads in the study of operational needs and current operational performance to identify areas for improvement and efficiency on assigned project
- Ability to develop a clear and detailed plan to ensure that a program is feasible and doesn’t veer off course, the Program Manager will need to have the skills to develop a step-by-step plan with well-defined tasks and to make sure the team stays on a timeline
- Acts as the liaison between the Contractors and the team, serving as the single point of contact for collecting and sharing requested information between parties
- Oversees the coordination of major activities (meetings, workshops, charrettes) to ensure project progresses on schedule and accurately reflects current project status through regular updates of tasks and statuses
- Follow-up with team members to meet project deadlines and provide input on team member activities for a schedule review process
- Reviews and organizes the communication of the project plan status on a regular basis to project stakeholders and core team
- Tracks progress of owner supply specification, requisition, and procurement. Works with the Financial Department to track the owner supply budget, cost control, and reporting
- Remains current with industry trends, especially as related to contemporary project management techniques as they impact project objectives
- Leads and organizes a team in the development of monthly presentations for senior executives. Oversees preparation of project reports
- Up to 15% travel may be required
- Responsible for working with the Finance team to assist in tracking overall project budget
- Liaises with financial support to ensure timely payment of invoices as well as the development of accurate monthly and quarterly forecasts and reporting
- Bachelor’s Degree with a concentration in Business Management, Industrial Engineering, Project Management, or related field
- Minimum of 5 years of related experience, with at least 2 years leading a team
- Master’s in Business Administration (MBA), Project Management Professional (PMP) certified or related training is a PLUS
- Travel Industry experience in New Building and/or Operations is a PLUS
- Strong leadership skills and proven experience in leading a small team of professionals
- Detail-oriented with excellent analytical, financial and spreadsheet modeling skills
- Must be familiar with the working drawing process inclusive of drawing, dimensioning and detailing deck plans, elevations, sections, and details. Ability to understand and interpret architectural plans, sections, elevations, and details
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables
- Software: Proficiency in MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Visio and Project required.
- Ability to read, analyze and interpret business periodicals, financial reports, legal documents, and government regulations.
- Ability to clearly and effectively present information to top management, public groups, and/or boards of directors
- Excellent organizational and presentation skills
Does this sound like you, apply today to learn more about this opportunity!
- Onward Search is an equal opportunity employer, dedicated to a policy of non-discrimination in an employment with regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status or any other classification protected by federal, state and local laws and ordinances. Candidates must be at least 18 years old to be considered for employment. EOE/M/F/D/V/SO.
- In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification document form upon hire.
- The client is unable to support 1099 / Corp-to-Corp or Independent Contractor arrangements at this time. All freelancers will be paid as W2 employees.
- Onward Search is a drug-free workplace.