Our client is seeking a Project Manager to join them for a full time perm engagement based in NYC.
The Project Manager is responsible for supporting and leading the successful delivery of digital programs and initiatives. The Project Manager is responsible for understanding the client and project objectives and for leading the development of project deliverables to meet those objectives across the project lifecycle, on-time and within budget.
You will lead a cross-functional team composed of strategy, delivery, design, and/or technology resources and define and direct team roles and responsibilities, project deliverables, and related dependencies.
The Project Manager ensures the quality and consistency of all client/project deliverables and promotes positive relationships between us and our clients and vendors.
- Project management (planning, tracking against time and deliverables, issues/risk management) for a project workstream; formulating and executing approaches for project delivery across the project lifecycle to release and beyond through the facilitation and coordination of cross-functional teams
- Provide day-to-day contact for clients on project status, scope, and changes
- Reliable communications with internal and client team members, external vendors, or other stakeholders
- Coordinate and providing guidance and direction to the project team, including expectations for timeline and deliverables and ensuring projects remain within scope, schedule, and defined budgets
- Identify, report, and escalate obstacles and problems, and lead the development of solutions
- Identify, track, escalate, resolve, or mitigate projects issues and risks; describing possible impacts and providing possible solutions
- Leading and facilitating client meetings, relationships, and status reporting
- Manage and forecast project time, staffing, status and expense reporting for project teams
- Hands-on creation and delivery of project documentation including process/data flows, requirements, test documentation, and other project deliverables, as necessary
- Maintaining organizational standards of satisfaction, quality, and performance
- Providing support for new business pitches, RFP, SOW and estimate development
- Participating in process improvement, documentation standards, knowledge sharing, and best practice initiatives
- 2+ years in a delivery / project management role for a digital agency or consulting firm, or equivalent industry/in-house experience in a digital transformation role, managing client or account relationships
- Experience successfully delivering digital projects, in a client-facing or consultant role
- Experience managing cross-functional teams including technology and design resources
- Outstanding working knowledge of delivery methodologies (such as Scrum/Agile, traditional waterfall, etc.), change management principles, process improvement strategies, and performance evaluation processes
- Experience using project management tools, JIRA
- Onward Search is an equal opportunity employer, dedicated to a policy of non-discrimination in an employment with regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status or any other classification protected by federal, state and local laws and ordinances. Candidates must be at least 18 years old to be considered for employment. EOE/M/F/D/V/SO.
- In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification document form upon hire.
- Onward Search offers medical, dental, vision benefits, as well as a 401k program, for all eligible full time temporary assignments.
- Onward Search is unable to support 1099 / Corp-to-Corp or Independent Contractor arrangements at this time. All freelancers will be paid as W2 employees.
- Onward Search is a drug-free workplace.
SHARE THIS JOB