Bed Bath & Beyond is an American chain of domestic merchandise retail stores. The company sells a range of domestics merchandise, including bed linens, bath items, and kitchen textiles, and related items including home furnishings, such as kitchen and tabletop items, fine tabletop, basic housewares, general home furnishings, consumables, and various juvenile products.
The situation and need: They are in need of a Freelance Project Manager for an ongoing need, with the potential to become Perm. The PM would be responsible for supporting the development of integrated brand campaigns from start to finish, in close partnership with internal cross-functional teams as well as internal/external creative agency teams.
The company is amid an enterprise-wide transformation to rebuild its authority in all things baby while increasing loyalty and customer life cycle through deeper and more meaningful connections with parents; a digital-first, Omni-always shopping experience and a modernized registry experience.
The right person should have 3+ years of experience in brand marketing, advertising, social media, public relations, and/or influencer management. They prefer someone with experience in retail and/or private label brands.
AE: Nicole Morrissey
Pay Rate: $35-38
Bill Rate: $65-70
Timeline: Until 2/25
Location: Remote until October - Hybrid 3 days a week afterwards. Must be able to go to Union, NJ
The buybuy BABY Associate, Brand Marketing, is responsible for supporting the development of integrated brand campaigns from start to finish, in close partnership with internal cross-functional teams as well as internal/external creative agency teams. He/she will co-build strategic brand and media partnerships and be the day-to-day point of contact for several external communications agencies including PR, Social and Influencer driving awareness, engagement and preference for buybuy BABY. He/She will live and breathe BABY’s customer value proposition and be a brand champion, advocating internally and externally. The ideal candidate will be a motivated self-starter, team player, naturally curious and creative and one that loves to uncover customer insights, build compelling brand stories and create digital-first, social-led content that brings our brand to life across all customer touchpoints. The role will report to the Manager, Brand Marketing.
Seeking an Brand Marketing Associate who will support the development, execution and measurement of integrated brand marketing campaigns and media strategies that puts our buybuy BABY customer first.
• Supports communication strategies for brand priorities, products, campaigns, events, retail partners, providers, and corporate initiatives such as: loyalty, registry, CSG and ESG.
• Plays a pivotal role in the development of brand campaigns from start to finish including delivery of assets for media launches in coordination with internal and external media teams.
• Collaborates cross-functionally with HR and Store Operations to develop the associate value proposition and customer experience program.
• Researches, develops, and recommends new and effective marketing strategies for integrated product and brand awareness campaigns, and always on brand building initiatives.
• Partners with Integrated Marketing, channel owners and operational teams in campaign and channel planning delivering timely assets as part of integrated marketing campaigns.
• Writes compelling creative briefs, manages feedback, and oversees creative development in partnership with creative teams, external agencies and internal partners on key brand initiatives.
• Works with consumer insights, media teams and agency partners to clearly define, measure and document campaign objectives and performance including brand awareness, NPS, sentiments, customer engagement, and conversions.
• Supports content planning, development and implementation to support core and registry business.
• Partners with Brand Manager, Digital Marketing, Merchant and Business Development teams on the exploration and launch of brand & media partnerships.
• Ensures brand consistency across all touchpoints. QA all assets for marketing priorities & accuracy; ensure brand consistency across channels; last line of defense in proofing stage.
• Provides direction and daily oversight to external agency partners (social, influencer and PR) on integrated marketing priorities, campaigns, partnerships and brand initiatives. Responsible for ensuring partners deliver on SOW, monthly billing, weekly socialization of efforts to Baby organization; and leads weekly status meetings/reports/recaps.
• Social Media tasks:
• Reviews/approves and manages delivery of concepts and content.
• Coordinates sweepstakes and contests with internal/external legal counsel.
• Consistent communications with the Customer Care team, including weekly touch bases and any necessary escalations of issues.
• Liaison between internal teams (Baby leadership, monetization, vendors, buyers) and agency.
• Influencer Marketing tasks:
• Reviews/approves campaign strategies, partners and content.
• Coordinates gifting opportunities and in-store appointments/visits.
• Leverages influencer content across marketing channels including email, web, social.
• Responsible for goal setting, performance metrics and reporting.
• Public Relations tasks:
• Reviews/approves media opportunities and product requests.
• Assists Baby leadership in coordinating and executing thought leadership opportunities.
• Ongoing vetting of celebrity partnership opportunities and integrations.
• 3-5 years’ experience in brand marketing, advertising, social media, public relations and/or influencer management.
• Prefer experience in retail and/or private label brands.
• Experience with managing internal/external creative/media agencies.
• Strong understanding of social media, influencer marketing, partnerships, or public relations.
• Strong understanding and interest in brand media and cultural landscape, with the ability and desire to seek out new ideas and approaches.
• Understanding of digital strategy, social platforms, and content creation.
• Strong written and verbal presentation skills.
• Ability to translate key customer insights into compelling brand stories.
• Strong attention to detail.
• Ability to work and achieve success in an ever-changing, fast-paced environment.
• Passionate self-starter, decisive and able to move with speed to implement ideas.
• Retail business acumen.
• Excellent judgment and decision-making skills.
• Strong creativity and drive for testing new ideas.
• Bachelor's Degree in business, marketing, communications, public relations or a related field working with or across multiple marketing channels.
Our client, a merchandise retail company, is looking for a Freelance Brand Marketing Associate for an 6 month project between Aug 31 and February. This position starts out remote and goes hybrid In October, with 3 days in their Union, NJ office.
What you'll be doing:
Apply now to learn about this job!
SHARE THIS JOB
Onward Search helps connect creative, marketing, and technology talent with top jobs at the nation's most recognized companies and digital agencies. We offer a full range of recruitment and staffing solutions to include freelance / contract, temp-to-perm, and permanent placement.