Onward Search is seeking a PROOFREADER for a large financial client in downtown LA for a 6+ month assignment. This person would be responsible for proofreading, light copy editing, and fact-checking content for the Multi-Channel Content Team. They will oversee and provides QA to ensure accuracy and overall quality of materials.
- Copy editing as needed
- Oversee and provide QA to ensure accuracy and overall quality of materials
- Update statistics and compliance footnote language using internal tools and software
- Ensures that materials are consistent with corporate and compliance standards including company guidelines and legal standards
- Chicago or AP style
- Excellent eye for detail
- Financial experience preferred
- Team oriented
- 3+ years experience as a proofreader, specifically any proofing with numbers/stats in a financial setting
- MS Word, Excel, Powerpoint
- BA required
- Strong written and verbal communication skills; strong grammar and syntax skills; strong presentation skills; strong inter-personal skills
- Strong coordination skills including maintaining production schedules, tracking deliverables, problem solving, and escalating issues as appropriate
Must be at least 18 years old. Onward Search is a drug-free workplace. Onward Search is an equal opportunity employer, dedicated to a policy of non-discrimination in employment with regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status or any other classification protected by federal, state and local laws and ordinances, nationally and internationally. EOE/M/F/D/V/SO
- Onward Search is an equal opportunity employer, dedicated to a policy of non-discrimination in an employment with regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status or any other classification protected by federal, state and local laws and ordinances. Candidates must be at least 18 years old to be considered for employment. EOE/M/F/D/V/SO.
- In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification document form upon hire.
- The client is unable to support 1099 / Corp-to-Corp or Independent Contractor arrangements at this time. All freelancers will be paid as W2 employees.
- Onward Search is a drug-free workplace.