Our client is looking to hire a Proofreader for a long-term assignment. This person will be responsible for proofreading, light copy editing, and fact-checking content for the Multi-Channel Content Production team within Marketing Communication.
RESPONSIBILITIES, SKILLS, AND EXPERIENCE:
- Oversees and provides Quality Assurance (QA) to ensure accuracy and overall quality of materials
- Collaborates with the creative team to review and improve existing content, coordinate requests for and update statistics and compliance footnote language using internal tools and software, conduct research related to content development and participate in team and strategy/development meetings
- Responsible for and/or oversees the proofreading of materials that include a significant amount of statistical information
- Ensures that materials are consistent with corporate and compliance standards; collaborates with compliance/legal especially as it relates to footnote language
- Maintains a proofing style guide for the Institutional materials
- Collaborates with the creative team, on projects outside of the QA process based on additional business knowledge, as needed
- Ability to understand both the high-level and detailed perspective
- Strong analytical and critical-thinking skills and accuracy
- Demonstrates strong written and verbal communication skills; strong grammar and syntax skills; strong presentation skills; strong interpersonal skills
- Ability to communicate feedback on issues related to various outputs to creative team members regarding technical requirements and writing formats
- Demonstrates the ability to work in a team environment; demonstrates the initiative to work and learn independently and proactively contribute to department goals
- Demonstrates strong production coordination skills including maintaining production schedules, tracking deliverables, problem-solving, and escalating issues as appropriate
- Demonstrates strong detail orientation, process orientation, organizational, and multi-tasking skills; ability to effectively manage an unpredictable workload and meet established deadlines
- Strong computer skills, especially in Microsoft Word; knowledge of Excel and PowerPoint is highly desirable
- Requires at least 3 years of experience using AP or Chicago Manual of Style
- Requires a Bachelors degree
Does this sound like you? Apply today!
- Onward Search is an equal opportunity employer, dedicated to a policy of non-discrimination in an employment with regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status or any other classification protected by federal, state and local laws and ordinances. Candidates must be at least 18 years old to be considered for employment. EOE/M/F/D/V/SO.
- In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification document form upon hire.
- Onward Search offers medical, dental, vision benefits, as well as a 401k program, for all eligible full time temporary assignments.
- Onward Search is unable to support 1099 / Corp-to-Corp or Independent Contractor arrangements at this time. All freelancers will be paid as W2 employees.
- Onward Search is a drug-free workplace.
SHARE THIS JOB