Onward Search is looking for a Public Relations Manager to join our agency client in beautiful coastal South Carolina for an onsite direct hire opportunity!
Please Note: This role will sit onsite at one of the agency's offices in either South Carolina or North Carolina. Candidates who are local to those markets will receive preference but qualified candidates who are willing to relocate to the Carolinas are also encouraged to apply.
Expand communications programs with public relations services. Additionally, assist in the management of the Public Relations department including expansion of the department’s capabilities and support of new business efforts.
- Work in tandem with agency client relationship teams to complement and expand our clients’ integrated communications programs with public relations services
- Develop positive relationships with local, regional and national media of interest and manage the flow of information to and from media representatives to encourage positive exposure for our clients’ businesses
- Lead client meetings and provide comprehensive Public Relations reports for responsible accounts
- Assist the agency in preparing for new business efforts such as pitches, proposals, research, etc.
- Develop and execute Public Relations proposals and campaigns
- Create all necessary elements to accomplish communications goals, including all aspects of online campaigns, formatting/cohesion of brands and messaging, support with social media campaigns and website content (i.e. blog posts, news posting)
- Develop all media materials for clients including press kits, press releases, FAQ’s, pitch letters, follow up correspondence, media interview briefing documents, anticipated media questions, etc.
- Attend client-related tradeshows and meetings as well as conferences, training sessions, and workshops
- Follow-up on pitches and press releases in a timely manner
- Develop and maintain a comprehensive media database for disseminating news releases locally, regionally and nationally segmented by interest area
- Maintain editorial calendars for long-lead publications, research and develop proactive pitch concepts, and actively pursue editorial opportunities
- Identify and or create items or events worthy of news coverage which will benefit our clients
- Lead, develop, coordinate, and execute special events, including grand openings, promotional events, press conferences and trade shows
- Prepare and deliver monthly reports, update client websites with news releases, monitor and maintain a database of client coverage, and disseminate client news via “owned” platforms (websites, social media pages)
- Serve as Public Relations staff contact for clients as needed/assigned
- Introduce new ideas for client initiatives
- Bachelor's Degree in communications, public relations, journalism, or similar field. Master's Degree preferred
- 4-6 years of experience managing strategic communications for a diverse roster of clients, preferably in an advertising agency environment
- Outstanding communication skills, both written and verbal
- Natural leadership qualities and an ability to understand, interpret, and resolve complex and politically sensitive situations
- Uphold agency reputation and brand standards
Qualified applicants should apply today to speak with a recruiter to learn more!
- Onward Search is an equal opportunity employer, dedicated to a policy of non-discrimination in an employment with regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status or any other classification protected by federal, state and local laws and ordinances. Candidates must be at least 18 years old to be considered for employment. EOE/M/F/D/V/SO.
- In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification document form upon hire.
- The client is unable to support 1099 / Corp-to-Corp or Independent Contractor arrangements at this time. All freelancers will be paid as W2 employees.
- Onward Search is a drug-free workplace.