We are looking for a software engineer to join our infrastructure team and help us migrate our codebase from Python 2 to Python 3. In this role, you’ll get into the weeds of Python and work with thousands of services, libraries, and pipelines across the company. In the scope of this migration, you’ll also make others lives easier by developing automation tools that relieve the burden from hundreds of engineering teams, and you’ll dive into the more complex cases, developing and executing on a migration strategy that is aligned with our business and technology goals. This migration will ensure our codebase is up-to-date and secure - both things we care deeply about - and, in so doing, will impact how the world experiences music.
- You’ll work on tools that help automate the majority of source code repositories
- You’ll help to migrate Python code that falls between the cracks, working with teams to find the best solutions
- You’ll define the best path forward for teams - whether that means helping to write Python 3 compatible code, Python 3 only code, or developing automation
- You’ll identify and surface blockers
- You’ll collaborate with key partners and engineers in every department, providing updates and communications
- You’ll verify the affected code works properly by executing or building test suites
Who you are:
- You’re a proven self-starter - you can run independently with a base set of requirements
- You’re able to work with complex, unfamiliar systems with, in some cases, fuzzy ownership or a lack of documentation
- You are experienced with:
- You have 3-5 years of coding experience with Python (at least one year with Python 3) - and are knowledgeable about the differences between Python 2 and 3
- You've worked 3+ years with the Linux OS
- You have a background in testing fundamentals - writing unit, integration, and e2e tests
- Bonus: you have experience with the Luigi library
Does this sound like you apply today for more info!
- Onward Search is an equal opportunity employer, dedicated to a policy of non-discrimination in an employment with regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status or any other classification protected by federal, state and local laws and ordinances. Candidates must be at least 18 years old to be considered for employment. EOE/M/F/D/V/SO.
- In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification document form upon hire.
- The client is unable to support 1099 / Corp-to-Corp or Independent Contractor arrangements at this time. All freelancers will be paid as W2 employees.
- Onward Search is a drug-free workplace.