Our client, in the manufacturing industry, has a temporary contract (2-3 month) opening for a HR/Recruiter Assistant supporting the Human Resources department. As a HR/Recruiter Assistant, you will provide process improvement, administrative and clerical support to meet the need of our Factory Location.
- Coordinate and facilitate new hire orientation and onboarding program
- Assist in preparing induction and onboarding process including following up to meet documentation requirements
- Work with cross-functional team representatives to improve qualification, skill development and certification processes
- Coordinates translation of program to facilitate cross-cultural understanding at all levels within the organization
RECRUITMENT & SELECTION
- Develop and identify sourcing channels to help company identify potential candidates and assist the hiring manager and Human Resources Department screen candidates, schedule interviews and disposition applicants
- Track status of candidates in Workday and associated correspondence. Schedule meetings and interviews as requested by the HRBP and others
- Search the Internet using search engines, user groups or blogs, etc. to identify qualified hard to source candidates for skilled positions
- Utilize user groups and professional associations which could lead to the sourcing of qualified candidates. Work with recruitment agencies and resources. Attend local job fairs as required
- Prepare or maintain employment records related to events, such as hiring, termination, leaves, transfers, or promotions, using human resources management system software and recruitment software
- Review employment applications and job orders to match applicants with job requirements
- Review resumes in pipeline to match with job criteria for specific requirements
- Assist with execution of staffing plants and recruiting strategies to meet current or anticipated staffing needs
- Select qualified job applicants and refer them to managers, making hiring recommendations when appropriate
- Comply with Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) guidelines and all other national, state and local statutes related to recruiting and hiring
- Contact job applicants to inform them of the status of their applications. Initiate reference or background checks on job applicants
- Inform job applicants of details such as duties and responsibilities, compensation, benefits, schedules, etc.
- Maintain the hiring process to ensure timely and efficient hires. Understands job requirements and competencies
- Serve as a liaison on proper interpretation of plant policies and procedures; coordinates translation of documents to facilitate cross-cultural understanding at all levels within the organization.
- HS diploma or GED required; Bachelor’s degree (B.A., B.S.) preferred
- Prior experience recruiting and developing training materials. Prior experience working in complex administrative or customer service environment required. Previous experience in a manufacturing environment a plus
- Possess updated knowledge of employment laws and practices
- Working Knowledge and efficiency of Advanced PC skills including MS Suite (Excel , Word, & Powerpoint) and database systems
- Ability to organize large volumes of information for easy retrieval and research
- Ability to prioritize work independently under tight deadlines through good time management
- Strong customer service and communications skills to quickly assess and resolve problems through research and vendor inquiry
- Strong problem solving skills
- Ability to work well within a diverse team setting and work flexible work schedules
- Onward Search is an equal opportunity employer, dedicated to a policy of non-discrimination in an employment with regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status or any other classification protected by federal, state and local laws and ordinances. Candidates must be at least 18 years old to be considered for employment. EOE/M/F/D/V/SO.
- In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification document form upon hire.
- The client is unable to support 1099 / Corp-to-Corp or Independent Contractor arrangements at this time. All freelancers will be paid as W2 employees.
- Onward Search is a drug-free workplace.
SHARE THIS JOB