Onward Search is hiring a Web Content Specialist on a direct-hire basis for privacy security clients. This position is fully remote but you must be located in EST
We are looking for a web content specialist with a passion for driving results through an audience-centered lens. The Web Content Specialist will work with complex concepts, refining voice and tone, and writing compelling web page copy that is designed to meet user needs and produces measurable results for our organization. The ideal candidate should demonstrate a solid aptitude for content strategy and content writing, be a collaborative, creative thinker, and have a basic understanding of SEO and keyword optimization.
You will assist in performing content audits and gap analyses, make recommendations, and create web content that aligns business objectives and user needs. You will leverage web page templates to create engaging page content that supports buyers at all phases of their journey. You have ideally supported at least one content management system migration or website redesign. Performance indicators we measure include traffic from organic search, engagement rate, accessibility, readability, time on site, and referrals to high-value forms.
- Create unique content customized for the web that is on-brand, search optimized, differentiates us from our competitors, and conveys our values.
- Take responsibility for web content quality – content should be clear, concise, well-polished, free of typos and errors, and consistent in tone and style.
- Collaborate with stakeholders to develop strategic digital content that attracts and retains our target audience while also supporting broader campaign objectives.
- Develop, implement, analyze, and optimize content to align to buyer personas via effective content journey mapping
- Leverage product messaging documentation to create engaging, conversational, and search-optimized web content that meets user experience best practices
- Manage workflow and execute incoming website change requests, ensuring timelines are met for multiple tasks with shifting priorities on the web team
- Prepare content for publishing with relevant images, copy, metadata, tracking, tagging, etc.
- Always be thinking about the website visitor, and how we can be relentlessly customer-focused and provide the best possible experiences
- 3+ years professional experience in marketing or related field
- Bachelor’s in marketing, design, business, or related field experience
- Exceptional website copywriting and editing skills, preferably experience in SaaS, B2B, and/or tech industry.
- Experience contributing content for website redesigns and content management system migrations
- Experience in enterprise-level CMS (WordPress, Adobe AEM), Salesforce CRM and analytics tools (Google Analytics, Adobe Analytics)
- Experience working on content strategy, user journeys, or audience segmentation
- Understanding of SEO best practices, ability to write metadata
- Experience partnering with cross-functional teams in a matrixed organization and building influential and collaborative relationships
- Highly collaborative with a deep sense of ownership and accountability to the team and company
- Very high attention to detail and the ability to spot errors, typos, and inconsistencies
- A willingness and ability to go where the needs are — whether that’s writing work, optimization work, editing work, or a mixture of all three
- A knack for understanding an audience’s intent when looking for and consuming information
- Exceptional writing skills and the ability to quickly get up-to-speed on unfamiliar subject matter
- Excellent project manager with the ability to balance multiple priorities and meet deadlines
- Team-player who can execute and thrive in a fast-paced environment and startup culture
- The ability to communicate effectively, collaborate and work as part of a team
- Passion for working in a lean, fast-paced organization, and desire to own and refine processes
- Bias to action and a passion for winning
Does this sound like you? Apply today!