Our client, a financial technology company, is looking for a Project Manager to join their team for a remote contract opportunity!
Project Manager Responsibilities:
- Establish and proactively drive delivery of project activities, objectives and schedules to ensure successful completion
- Provide leadership and guidance to a matrixed Project Team
- Defines and establishes project or program governance structures to support successful delivery
- Structures projects or programs to minimize costs, ensure optimum output and maintain quality
- Creates strategies for risk mitigation and contingency planning
- Leads and facilitates project meetings, including development and reporting of project plan tasks, schedules, milestones, and other project activities
- Accountable to project stakeholders for schedule, budget, quality and outcome of all project elements
- Manage several projects of varying size concurrently
- Adheres to established Technology Project Management Guidelines and delivery methodologies. Ensures required project artifacts per the Guidelines are delivered
- Participates in long-range planning and development of application or product roadmaps with Business Unit Owners
- Complies fully with all Bank policies and procedures as well as all regulatory requirements
- Completes all required training
Senior Project Manager Qualifications:
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent experience
- Minimum of 3 years project manager experience
- Minimum of 2 years of experience managing technical medium-sized projects
- Minimum of 2 years of experience in an IT role
- Must be business savvy with good diplomacy skills in order to influence and be effective with project teams and senior executives
- Scheduling and budgeting experience
- Demonstrated knowledge of Project Lifecycles and Software Development Lifecycles
- Demonstrated knowledge of all aspects of technology project methodologies, various project management tools and techniques across all project phases
- Solid understanding of project risk, issue identification and mitigation Pro-active in creating awareness and/or escalation of project issues or risks and developing mitigation plans
- Excellent project management, organizational and analytical skills
- Knowledge or experience in the implementation and/or support of infrastructure environments and/or applications within a technology organization a plus
- Strong leadership and negotiation skills
- Demonstrated ability to problem solve and exercise solid judgement
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to build and maintain relationships
- Strong verbal, written and presentation skills
- Must be familiar with the project scope and objectives, as well as the role and function of each team member in order to effectively coordinate the activities of the project team
- Proficiency with Project Portfolio Management solutions and MS Project
- Knowledgeable of Agile tools
- Banking or financial industry experience preferred
- PMP certification a plus
- Agile SCRUM Master certification a plus
- 2 or more years of banking or financial industry experience preferred
- Agile Scrum Master Certification preferred
- Onward Search is an equal opportunity employer, dedicated to a policy of non-discrimination in an employment with regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status or any other classification protected by federal, state and local laws and ordinances. Candidates must be at least 18 years old to be considered for employment. EOE/M/F/D/V/SO.
- In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification document form upon hire.
- Onward Search offers medical, dental, vision benefits, as well as a 401k program, for all eligible full time temporary assignments.
- Onward Search is unable to support 1099 / Corp-to-Corp or Independent Contractor arrangements at this time. All freelancers will be paid as W2 employees.
- Onward Search is a drug-free workplace.
SHARE THIS JOB