Onward Search is hiring a Retention Marketing Lead on a direct-hire basis for a national retail client
The Lead, Retention Marketing will drive content strategy and execution of Email and Push App marketing campaigns for the US, Mexico, and Canada markets. This individual will be responsible for content strategy, calendar planning, briefing, creative asset development, cross-functional collaboration, and identifying opportunities for testing/segmentation/optimization. The ideal candidate will be comfortable thinking strategically as well as rolling up their sleeves and executing. This role will suit an organized self-starter who works well cross-functionally and enjoys a mix of art and science. This role will report to our Sr. Manager, Retention Marketing, and serve as a strategic thought partner in building out our email marketing content strategy.
- Drive content strategy for the Email and Push App channels in support of business objectives, performance goals, and channel best practices.
- Manage the Mexico email program including ad-hoc and triggered email campaigns (Spanish is a plus but not required).
- Own calendar planning for Email and Push App campaigns by creating monthly/quarterly plans and updating the calendar as changes are made.
- Create a marketing brief for each campaign and kick off with key partners such as Design, Copy, Project Management, and external agencies.
- Proof and approve creative assets to ensure brief requirements are met and on-time delivery.
- Drive cross-functional collaboration with key internal partners and external agencies.
- Identify opportunities to incorporate A/B testing, customer segmentation, consumer journeys, and ongoing strategic development to improve engagement and results.
- Ensure integrated customer experience that delivers on campaign objectives.
- Stay up to date on competitive landscape, best practices, and trends in Email and Push App marketing.
- Bachelor’s Degree
- 7 years of experience in email marketing and eCommerce
- Experience with an enterprise ESP required (Salesforce Marketing Cloud preferred)
- Experience with an enterprise calendar planning tool preferred (Airtable or Smartsheets is a plus)
- Ability to balance art and science to meet channel best practices and brand standards
- Ability to prioritize and multi-task in a fast-paced changing environment
- Strong project management and attention to detail
- Must be a collaborative, cross-functional team player and comfortable partnering with a variety of teams
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Creative problem-solving skills with a focus on efficient execution while balancing big-picture thinking
- Proactive & independent, always looking for ways to take initiative and improve existing programs/processes
- Strong presentation skills
Does this sound like you? Apply today!
- Onward Search is an equal opportunity employer, dedicated to a policy of non-discrimination in an employment with regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status or any other classification protected by federal, state and local laws and ordinances. Candidates must be at least 18 years old to be considered for employment. EOE/M/F/D/V/SO.
- In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification document form upon hire.
- Onward Search offers medical, dental, vision benefits, as well as a 401k program, for all eligible full time temporary assignments.
- Onward Search is unable to support 1099 / Corp-to-Corp or Independent Contractor arrangements at this time. All freelancers will be paid as W2 employees.
- Onward Search is a drug-free workplace.
SHARE THIS JOB