LOOKING FOR STRONG RIGGING TALENT! Our client is a 3D animation studio, looking for a Sr. Rigging Artist to join their team. The ideal candidate must be strong at animation, rigging, and tools currently used in VFX, Maya, and cross-pipeline or real-time workflows.
- MUST BE good at building stylized animated characters and creatures
- Work to develop an animation production pipeline for episodic animated series.
- Must implement and refine character, body/face, cloth/deformer, and hard-surface rigs
- Oversee the development and maintenance of the studio’s proprietary rigs and rigging pipeline and work directly with engineers and TD’s to help build for the future.
- Must ensure the team meets the show's requirements; determines the technical and aesthetic approaches to hit targets on time while monitoring show/shot progress and making fixes as needed
- Must create scriptable rigs and refine them based on the needs of animators and downstream departments
- Supervise/mentor/grow rigging team, and focus on improving the overall quality and efficiency of character/creature workflow
- Collaborates with multiple departments to find the most appropriate solution to produce desired CG character performances
- Rigging knowledge
- Thorough understanding of techniques and technologies relating to rigging
- Deep knowledge in anatomy and muscle dynamics
- Must be proficient in Python development skills and debugging techniques
- Linux is a plus
- Good eye for aesthetics of body/face deformations and stylized animation
- Skills like Mocap, Maya, Qt, PyQt, PySide, efficient Rigging pipeline, Houdini knowledge, VEX, MotionBuilder, Unity, C++ is a plus
- Proficiency in cloth/hair/flesh/rigid body simulations is a plus
Apply now to learn more!
- Onward Search is an equal opportunity employer, dedicated to a policy of non-discrimination in an employment with regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status or any other classification protected by federal, state and local laws and ordinances. Candidates must be at least 18 years old to be considered for employment. EOE/M/F/D/V/SO.
- In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification document form upon hire.
- Onward Search offers medical, dental, vision benefits, as well as a 401k program, for all eligible full time temporary assignments.
- Onward Search is unable to support 1099 / Corp-to-Corp or Independent Contractor arrangements at this time. All freelancers will be paid as W2 employees.
- Onward Search is a drug-free workplace.
SHARE THIS JOB