We have a client that is looking for a Design Program Manager. As a Design Program Manager within the Design organization, you’ll be embedded within the product design team to manage complex, multi-disciplinary programs.
You’ll leverage deep application/platform knowledge, in combination with business and project management domain expertise, to drive successful delivery. You are comfortable communicating on behalf of your team to manage expectations, scope new projects, inspire collaboration, escalate risks, and report on performance.
- Build, manage, and/or identify operational improvements to creative workflows in order to deliver high-quality products and features through the project lifecycle while delivering on goals and objectives and user experience value
- Lead or collaborate with Design team leadership in key project decision-making, including: requirements gathering, scheduling, resource allocation, and coordination of teams and approval processes
- Partner with Product Managers, Engineering, Design Managers, Staff Design, Research, and Content to maintain the team’s program schedule that consolidates individual project track plans, reflects cross-track dependencies, and eliminates redundancies among the tracks
- Manage program risks and drive issue resolution as it relates to meeting the overall schedule and quality commitments
- Build strong relationships with design team in delivering work in a way that builds trust with engineering, product management and executives
- Proactively contribute best practices, tips, and templates to shared User Experience Design resources
- Clearly identify, explain, and communicate progress, status, expectations, dependencies and risks to executives, business stakeholders and team members. Facilitate team onboarding for new hires and rotations
- Own and manage team documentation, including team sites, status, and other centralized resources
- BA/BS degree or equivalent practical experience
- Excellent understanding of product design, software or digital development, and brand strategy
- Minimum of 5 years of relevant consulting, agency, or industry related program management experience
- Experience working with design teams, deep understanding of the product design process from generative research through concept ideation, detail design, scrum design and visual quality assurance
- Proven experience improving team productivity and creating efficiencies
- Onward Search is an equal opportunity employer, dedicated to a policy of non-discrimination in an employment with regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status or any other classification protected by federal, state and local laws and ordinances. Candidates must be at least 18 years old to be considered for employment. EOE/M/F/D/V/SO.
- In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification document form upon hire.
- The client is unable to support 1099 / Corp-to-Corp or Independent Contractor arrangements at this time. All freelancers will be paid as W2 employees.
- Onward Search is a drug-free workplace.
SHARE THIS JOB