Onward Search has an exciting opportunity for a dynamic Copywriter working out of our clients San Jose office. As part of our social copy team, you will bring our voice to life across all of our channels. You will build and grow a consistent presence and top of mind awareness on Instagram, Twitter, Facebook, YouTube, and other channels, telling our story and connecting consumers with our brand. Currently, we are seeking this individual through the end of this year on a long term extendable contract basis.
- First and foremost, you’re an exceptional writer with excellent creative ideation skills and a strong editorial point of view.
- You have the unique ability to maintain a consistent tone across multiple channels — in a voice that is both native to each channel as well as consistent with the company brand.
- You approach every project through the lens of the consumer, considering each step of the customer journey, and can deliver the brand experientially.
- You’ll own the voice of our channels, lead the copy content creation and approval process, and will execute the campaign and handle requests as needed.
- To be successful in this job, you must be an agile strategic creative and critical thinker, highly detailed, and a self-starter who can balance multiple projects with competing deadlines, in a dynamic and fast-paced environment.
- You should be well versed in social media content with a passion for staying at the front of social media trends and cultural references.
- You should be bold and inventive, constantly looking for opportunities to amplify our social presence, capable of being scrappy when needed, and adept at leveraging existing assets to elevate the brand across channels.
- Execute on a content calendar to support the strategic and promotional content needs, aligned to critical business milestones including seasonal, promotional campaigns and cultural moments
- Concept and write on a daily basis for client-owned channels, ensuring flawless execution and voice and style consistency across all platforms
- Content creation for social channels, through written creative assets that marry the eBay brand with the appropriate tone of voice native to the customer journey in each channel.
- Collaborate with content makers to develop and execute strategically driven creative assets through the skillful use of prose and narrative devices
- Build engagement, connections, and loyalty by creating consistent brand voice across offsite channels
- Optimize social pages to increase impact, top of mind and visibility of eBay content
- Work with internal cross-functional teams to advise and leverage social media opportunities
- Own high-profile projects from concept through execution, including being self-sufficient in overcoming obstacles with business partners and presenting to leadership when necessary
- Act as a proxy for the Art Director/Creative Director when needed
- Collaborate closely with makers, designers, photographers, marketers, the BU merchandising teams and external agencies
- Support and influence the social/content team’s traffic, performance, and engagement goals
- Participate in brainstorms and contribute ideas to influence marketing and creative strategies.
- Skills & Qualifications:
- 3+ years’ experience with an emphasis on social content (retail or e-commerce experience is a big plus)
- Strong knowledge of major social channels: functionality, copy best practices and more.
- Excellent copywriting skills; strong verbal communication and presentation skills
- Ability to work seamlessly with quickly changing business priorities and tight deadlines
- Experience successfully partnering with various teams including Marketing, SEO, UX, Product, Design, and Merchandising in a fast-paced editorial environment
- Extremely effective and organized; able to meet tight deadlines and juggle multiple priorities.
- Ability to manage complex projects with multiple stakeholders while navigating healthy conflict to reach a consensus
The skills you need to nail this job:
Understand best practices for social media - best ways to use each platform and create successful, engaging content
- Onward Search is an equal opportunity employer, dedicated to a policy of non-discrimination in an employment with regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status or any other classification protected by federal, state and local laws and ordinances. Candidates must be at least 18 years old to be considered for employment. EOE/M/F/D/V/SO.
- In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification document form upon hire.
- The client is unable to support 1099 / Corp-to-Corp or Independent Contractor arrangements at this time. All freelancers will be paid as W2 employees.
- Onward Search is a drug-free workplace.
SHARE THIS JOB