Our client, interactive advertising agency based in SF, is looking for an Art Director to sit onsite and their client's HQ campus in Cupertino!
This person will be an integral part of a team that produces high profile projects across multiple digital platforms on a global scale. As an embedded member of the client team, this role designs content and interfaces for the client's website and other interactive platforms, particularly for product launches, under the limited direction of an Associate Creative Director. Must be available to work onsite in Sunnyvale, CA exclusively working embedded with our client that is headquartered in Cupertino.
- Be accountable for successful conception and execution of visual creative direction
- Regularly review creative work with the group's senior creative staff to get feedback on direction, and to ensure the work is aligned with other activities in the group
- Deliver the art direction of an interactive project, such as apps, emails, web pages, from concept through to code
- Develop innovative and on-strategy designs and experiences that meet the objectives of the assignment
- Solve problems conceptually in collaboration with the broader interactive team, including writers, UX designers, creative technologists, and developers
- Present persuasively and clearly articulates design rationale
- Communicate effectively — verbally and in writing — with other creatives and product managers, engendering trust and respect
- 5+ years of experience specializing in visual design for the web, interactive art direction, design, and production
- Experience in advertising, marketing, corporate identity, brand management, sales promotion and/or new media communication.
- Expertise in developing creative solutions in a variety of campaigns, across a broad range of problems and media.
- Proficiency with digital design software, including Illustrator, Photoshop and Sketch, as well as Mac OS
- An obsession with delivering pixel-perfect work
- A basic understanding of HTML (no coding required)
- Education: BA or BFA in Graphic Design or other related design discipline preferred
- Ability to thrive in a challenging and fast-paced work environment
- Self-motivation with strong written and verbal communications skills
- Ability to easily develop strong client relationships
- Ability to establish rapport and collaboration with other designer, developers, and project managers
- Ability to be resourceful, adaptable, creative, and results-oriented with high energy and a positive attitude
- Be able to adapt well to change
- Onward Search is an equal opportunity employer, dedicated to a policy of non-discrimination in an employment with regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status or any other classification protected by federal, state and local laws and ordinances. Candidates must be at least 18 years old to be considered for employment. EOE/M/F/D/V/SO.
- In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification document form upon hire.
- The client is unable to support 1099 / Corp-to-Corp or Independent Contractor arrangements at this time. All freelancers will be paid as W2 employees.
- Onward Search is a drug-free workplace.