Our client, a global leader in materials engineering solutions for semiconductor, flat panel display, and solar photovoltaic (PV) industries is looking for an Instructional Designer to join their team in Santa Clara! This person will be responsible for developing training courses that build the skills and capabilities of the companies workforce. As an Instructional Designer, you will play a key role in ensuring that the team creates high-quality MOOC-style courses. You will also assist with determining new content that is most critical for employees to learn and turning these ideas into impactful learning experiences.
- Work closely with subject-matter experts (SMEs) from various business units to:
- Articulate crisp learning objectives for 1- to 2-hour online courses
- Define the scope of a curriculum for each course
- Develop learning materials
- Plan and execute the logistics of creating course collateral
- Organize and maintain course collateral according to provided specifications
- Build relationships with business units throughout the company to:
- Spread awareness of the team’s capabilities
- Determine gaps in knowledge that exist throughout the company
- Plan future courses
- Identify courses in need of refreshing
Skills and Experience
- A bachelor’s degree
- 3+ years creating learning materials or designing learning experiences (e.g., writing technical documents, creating online or in-person courses)
- Excellent working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite (particularly PowerPoint)
- The ability to communicate clearly and synthesize information from others to determine actionable takeaways
- Meticulous attention to detail
- Excellent organization skills (must be able to manage and keep track of all the moving pieces of putting together a learning experience: videos, graphics, handouts, content information, etc.)
- Creativity - must be able to come up with engaging ways of delivering content
- The ability to quickly and effectively test and iterate
- The ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- A desire for feedback and continued learning
- A PLUS if you have a master’s degree in education, instructional design, educational technology, communication, or a related field
- A PLUS if you have 3+ years of experience designing and building online courses
Does this sound like you? Apply today!
- Onward Search is an equal opportunity employer, dedicated to a policy of non-discrimination in an employment with regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status or any other classification protected by federal, state and local laws and ordinances. Candidates must be at least 18 years old to be considered for employment. EOE/M/F/D/V/SO.
- In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification document form upon hire.
- The client is unable to support 1099 / Corp-to-Corp or Independent Contractor arrangements at this time. All freelancers will be paid as W2 employees.
- Onward Search is a drug-free workplace.