Our client, an innovative insurance company that specializes in insurance for smartphones, tablets, consumer electronics, appliances, and luxury items, is looking for a digital-focused Sr. Growth Marketing Designer to join their new and expanding "User Growth & Adoption" team! This role will sit in their San Mateo, CA office.
This person should have strong design experience and skills, an interest in Growth marketing, a passion for creative testing, and more generally an appreciation for the aesthetic. This position reports to our Head of Design and will work closely with our product growth team, so this individual must be comfortable both taking direction and contributing to rigorous design discussions with multiple collaborators. He/She should be able to work within established brand guidelines, while also helping us to refine and advance our brand expression across various media.
- Design and prototyping for the product and partner brand’s growth channels — from ongoing improvements to designing new digital experiences from scratch.
- Design campaign creative for digital marketing (online ads, landing pages, emails, web graphics, etc.)
- Drive results: As a Growth Marketing Designer, you will work closely with user growth team and cross-functional leadership to drive scalable & sustainable user growth across key products and to meet/exceed acquisition, engagement, and retention goals
- Be nimble. You will be working to model problems with customer journey maps, while simultaneously designing and iterating against those needs and behaviors. Velocity and iteration are core to your being.
- Approach problems holistically. Be an influential design stakeholder, helping your cross-functional peers define strategy, requirements, and experiments to optimize multiple touch points in the customer journey
- Collaborate with product designers to share time and resources between various concurrent projects
- Drive designs from concept to launch. In addition to design skills, you also have some development know-how to help you implement your designs. You are confident steering a project from the earliest ideation phases all the way through final delivery.
- Uncover opportunities to decrease friction and enable new pathways by talking to and listening to users about their frustrations and goals.
- The ability to give and receive constructive feedback. You gather feedback judiciously but know when to adjust your designs and when to follow your initial vision.
- Capable of balancing a growth hacking mindset, ambiguity, and design quality standards
- Ability to manage your time and deadlines, as well as being comfortable designing in an iterative way to learn and adapt.
- Ability to work quickly, independently and pragmatically; can handle multiple design projects concurrently while shifting priorities as required to meet deadlines
- A constant commitment to stay up-to-date with the latest industry news and developments.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Graphic Design or related field
- 3+ years designing user-facing digital experiences across multiple platforms such as responsive web, iOS and Android as well as a wide range of screen sizes
- Strength in visual design with an ability to prototype designs in lo-fidelity and hi-fidelity as required
- Excellent skills of digital prototyping and animation
- Portfolio of sample projects highlighting design for web-based applications, mobile applications and consumer-facing websites and/or applications.
- Able to define and execute A/B tests and multivariate experiment designs, flowcharts, prototypes, UI mockups, technical specs, and production assets.
- Keen understanding of the ever-changing landscape of performance marketing assets (Facebook, Instagram, Google, Snap, etc) and channel communications (Email, rich media mobile push notifications, in-app notifications)
- Understanding of acquisition & conversion, metrics-driven design, and internationalization
Does this sound like you? Apply today!
- Onward Search is an equal opportunity employer, dedicated to a policy of non-discrimination in an employment with regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status or any other classification protected by federal, state and local laws and ordinances. Candidates must be at least 18 years old to be considered for employment. EOE/M/F/D/V/SO.
- In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification document form upon hire.
- The client is unable to support 1099 / Corp-to-Corp or Independent Contractor arrangements at this time. All freelancers will be paid as W2 employees.
- Onward Search is a drug-free workplace.