Onward Search has an exciting opportunity for an up and coming visual designer working out of our clients San Jose, CA office. Our client is re-defining the eCommerce landscape through use of social media and creative campaigns targeting generations of audiences. Currently they are seeking this individual on a 6 month extendable contract basis. Apply today to speak with one of our associates to learn more!
The ideal candidate combines a passion for social innovation, elevated design/layout native to each channel and an understanding of how to work with photo and video assets. You will collaborate with art directors, copywriters, designers, producers, photographers and social strategists to ensure the creative aligns with our global vision, brand guidelines and drives engagement and e-commerce.
What you will do:
• Work with internal stakeholders and agency partners to deliver creative assets that support strategic campaign goals
• Strong design and layout skills (working knowledge of photography, video and animation a huge plus)
• Expert knowledge of Sketch and Adobe Creative Cloud including Photoshop, Illustrator, and In-Design
• Precise attention to detail, combined with an ability to analyze the hierarchy of information
• Excellent Photo retouching skills (including cropping, color correction, clipping masks, drop shadows, etc.)
• Partner with external agency partners , copywriters, art directors, cross-functional business partners and creative directors to ensure the work is brand appropriate, channel appropriate, best in class and delivers on the business strategy
• Be self-driven with an entrepreneurial spirit and passion for innovative creative solutions that engage consumers with our brand and drive e-commerce
What you bring to the table:
• 2+ years of experience in digital marketing at leading Agencies or on the client side and a comfort (and experience) leading both art and copy direction.
• Bachelor's degree in Multimedia/Digital Design, Web Design, Graphic Design, Visual Communication or related field preferred
• Experience developing innovative digital marketing campaigns with a strong proficiency on social media platforms for Fortune 500 companies
• Excellent knowledge of social and ecommerce best practices
• An exceptional portfolio that represents a wide range of elegant, unexpected, holistic creative solutions that work seamlessly across multiple social channels
• Proficient in all creative software packages (Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, After Effects skills and Sketch)
• Working knowledge of retail and experiential design, brand development and ecommerce a plus
• Proficient in social media platforms and tools including but not limited to Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, YouTube, and Snapchat
• Basic HTML/CSS knowledge a plus
• Exceptional written, verbal communication skills and persuasive, professional presentational skills
Must be at least 18 years old. Onward Search is a drug-free workplace. Onward Search is an equal opportunity employer, dedicated to a policy of non-discrimination in employment with regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status or any other classification protected by federal, state and local laws and ordinances, nationally and internationally. EOE/M/F/D/V/SO_
SHARE THIS JOB
This job has now been filled but you may be interested in:
Our client, a fintech company that helps small businesses grow, is looking for a Product Designer with 2+ years of experience. As a Product Designer on their rapidly growing team, you have a unique opportunity to work closely with their Sr. Product Designer, Product, Engineering, and Marketing teams throughout the product life cycle. You will report directly to the SVP of Product. Responsibilities: This role breaks down to 60% UX 40% UI deliverables Research, create and lead new design ideas from concepts to implementation, efficiently and beautifully Approach design challenges
Our client, is a real-estate company, is looking for a Freelance Web Designer to help develop a website for an upcoming property listing. This is a 100% remote, ~6 week contract, anywhere from 8-10 hrs/wk. Responsibilities: Brainstorm ideas for web design mockups alongside Director of Marketing Designing engaging and responsive landing pages Take existing website and input into new website platform (they’re open to platform depending on your experience and knowledge i.e. squarespace, wordpress, carbonmade) Ensure website function and stability across devices i.e. desktop,
Our client, a top consumer electronics company is looking for an Interaction Design Lead. As thee Interaction Design Lead, you'll be responsible for working with the business leads, analytics and creative teams to define, plan, design and test customer-centric digital experiences. You'll be spending some quality time with sketch and photoshop, but you’ll also be running projects and overseeing the work of other designers. Experience creating design systems is a must and CMS implementation is a must. You'll should also be comfortable reviewing analytics and conducting user testing to gain
Our client, a top health/fitness company, is looking for a Web Production Designer for a 4+ month contract. JOB DESCRIPTION: The ideal candidate for this role is obsessed with details and loves to keep a good organized system. You’ll be working with the web team to help design and produce global online assets. Responsible for creating basic web graphics, copy layouts while processing images and backgrounds for online. SKILLS + EXPERIENCE: 2-5 years of experience in design (visual and UI) Serious skills in the Adobe Creative Suite and Sketch, working knowledge of InVision Un
Our client, a top health/fitness company, is looking for a Visual Designer for a 5 Month Contract. JOB DESCRIPTION: The ideal candidate for this role is an enthusiastic, collaborative person with a great work ethic and a whole lot of attention to detail. Someone who brings their A-game every day, is ready to learn and will do everything it takes to get the job done. SKILLS + REQUIREMENTS: 5 years of experience designing for web and mobile Skills in Sketch and the Adobe Creative Suite Strong visual design sense and a keen eye for detail Understanding of the latest design tr
Our client, a top health/fitness company, is looking for a Visual Designer for a 5 Month Contract. JOB DESCRIPTION: The ideal candidate for this role is an imaginative, collaborative person with fresh ideas and the ability to bring them to life with very little time, very little direction and a whole lot of attention to detail. Someone who brings their A-game every day, shines under pressure and thinks outside the box—especially within the confines of a box. If you freaking love design, really like a fast-paced workplace, have a crush on the internet and think Proxima Nova is
Onward Search helps connect creative, marketing, and technology talent with top jobs at the nation's most recognized companies and digital agencies. We offer a full range of recruitment and staffing solutions to include freelance / contract, temp-to-perm, and permanent placement.