Our client, a software company located in Newark, CA is looking to hire an Art Director to join their team for a 3+ month assignment onsite, 40 hrs/wk.
This person will lead the visual storytelling responsibility in creating original, culturally vibrant, brand engagement: from top level campaign concepts, to paid media advertising, and everything in between.
As a creative leader, you will play an instrumental role in shaping the visual expression of the brand. You will live and breathe art direction, pop culture, and the latest trends in advertising and technology.
RESPONSIBILITIES, SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Partner with copywriting creative strategist to take briefs and turn them into big, original, culturally vibrant ideas
- Execute and shepherd art direction from concept and executive buy-in through all stages of creative development, production and post-production; ensuring faithful execution, quality, and brand consistency all the way
- Execute across a wide range of output, from the big one-off campaigns, to the tactical everyday deliverables
- Collaborate with cross-functional and global team members and outside partners, building consensus, understanding, and cooperative working relationships
- Seek to push the brand and our marketing practice into new media, experimenting, testing and tracking
- 3-5 years of art direction experience at a creative or internal agency
- Proven experience developing creative ideas across digital and traditional media
- A strong portfolio of original advertising and brand engagement work, including digital, video, and new media
- Understanding of creative considerations across print, website, mobile, online advertising, social media, video, etc.
- Self-driven with the ability to sometimes create work in isolation, and propel work forward
- Ability to thoughtfully and persuasively articulate creative concepts to cross-functional teams
- Ability to work across multiple projects and launches while keeping a cool head
- Ability to perform well in a dynamic, rapidly changing environment
- Expert-level proficiency in Photoshop, InDesign, Illustrator, and other creative apps
- Experience and interest in technology, consumer technology or consumer lifestyle categories
- BA/BS degree in Fine Arts, Communication Design, Advertising or equivalent practical experience
- Onward Search is an equal opportunity employer, dedicated to a policy of non-discrimination in an employment with regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status or any other classification protected by federal, state and local laws and ordinances. Candidates must be at least 18 years old to be considered for employment. EOE/M/F/D/V/SO.
- In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification document form upon hire.
- The client is unable to support 1099 / Corp-to-Corp or Independent Contractor arrangements at this time. All freelancers will be paid as W2 employees.
- Onward Search is a drug-free workplace.
SHARE THIS JOB